The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ofa/cerf

Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar

Default Ofa/cerf

I recently had a dog CERF'd and sent the form to CERF. They sent me back my paperwork and along with it came a letter about OFA doing their own eye registry. The people at CERF do not seem happy with this at all and they will no longer be sharing the information with OFA. What is everyone's thoughts on who's paperwork to use for our dog's eyes?
    Mike Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Peters-labguy23 View Post
    I recently had a dog CERF'd and sent the form to CERF. They sent me back my paperwork and along with it came a letter about OFA doing their own eye registry. The people at CERF do not seem happy with this at all and they will no longer be sharing the information with OFA. What is everyone's thoughts on who's paperwork to use for our dog's eyes?
    That's unfortunate. How long has OFA been listing CERF info? I always thought it was handy to be able to get hips, elbows, cerf, and eic info all at one site. Then you just needed to go to the whitelist to search for CNM info.

I assume they will continue sharing information with the Canine Health Information Center, CHIC?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

All of the emails (there have been at least 5 sent to me with PDF form letters) state that they (CERF), ARE continuing to share their results with OFA, just like before. The ONE advantage of continuing to use the original CERF is that they have XX amount of years of data. OFA does not....yet. Otherwise, between the two, it is pretty much a wash.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

This is a couple sentences from the letter dated November 6th to me.

"CERF is NOT affiliated with their new system, nor have we partnered with them or been aquired by OFA."
    "There is no "combined registry"."
    "There is no "transition" from one registry to the other. CERF and OFA are two independent systems."
    Mike Peters

Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Kim, what are your plans? It almost seems to make more sense to send results only to OFA so that all your genetic tests are on one data base.
    Mike Peters

I just did 7 dogs, they are going to OFA.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Along this thread, I have a question. I had my dog tested for CNM and EIC. My vet sent the samples to DDC (Veterinary Diagnostics Center) in Fairfield, OH, not to the Univ of Minn. I have the results, but OFA does not list the results. It appears, based upon OFA's website, I can send the results to OFA with an application fee to have them included in the OFA registry. Has anyone done that? Am I correct in the way I am reading OFA's information that I can apply to have the results included? Thanks for any answers.

Yes, you can have cardiac, EIC, CERF, & maybe others listed on OFA's website by sending the correct paperwork along with, I think, $15.00 for each test, to have the results listed on their website. It makes it very convenient to have all test results listed in the same place, & well worth the $15 to me.

[QUOTE=Buzz;1033239]Then you just needed to go to the whitelist to search for CNM info. QUOTE]

CNM results can be listed on the OFA site as well.