The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noah's Arc Documentary using real scientists

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Was Ron Paul with them?
    I doubt it but, probably wishes he was and I wouldn't mind being on that voyage too!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I doubt it but, probably wishes he was and I wouldn't mind being on that voyage too!
    Keep toking, you'll get there.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Keep toking, you'll get there.
    That's all you have in trying to sidetrack your unpatriotic rhetoric? Weak and just demonstrates you are clueless about me and Foreign Policy!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That's all you have in trying to sidetrack your unpatriotic rhetoric? Weak and just demonstrates you are clueless about me and Foreign Policy!
    When you start throwing out terms like unpatriotic and unAmerican to someone you have never met... You are showing your ignorance. You have already lost.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    When you start throwing out terms like unpatriotic and unAmerican to someone you have never met... You are showing your ignorance. You have already lost.
    I'm just going by what you post here on POTUS!

I have had discussions about the cross with folks before,,

Here is what many believe.
    http://www.masters-table.org/pagan/cross.htm
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

The cross has to have had pagan origins, the first to use the cross were the Romans, Christ was not the first crucified in such a manner though. It was prophesied about in the Old Testament, long before the Jews were under the Roman foot. That's the great thing about the blend of Scripture, OT and NT. But yes, pagan origins, but quickly became a symbol of Christian belief because the cross represents or reminds us of what Christ endured so that we may all have salvation in Him.

off soap box.....

gooser,
    that was interesting material on toting a cross through a door. they didn't seem to consider that if a camel or horse could actually stoop down and get through the "short door", the door would also need to be rather wide. if the door were four feet wide to accomodate a kneeling camel then the five foot nine inch wide top beam of a cross could be leaned corner to corner and carried through a door four feet and two inches tall.(according to pthygorean theorum and algebra one in eighth grade anyways)

franco,
    your classification of Jesus as Rabbi only might indicate that you should rename your favorite professional football team. maybe call them the "New Orleans list of historical individuals who spent their lives serving humanity believing mistakenly that they were called to service by a Diety that does not exist".
    john mccallie

Many years ago there was a group ( made up of people from a bunch of churches but I have forgotten the name it went by ) who came to Bartlesville Ok to present the idea of exploring that site to Phillips 66 and to Cities Service oil companies ( I think ). Of course they were raising money for the trip etc. That was before there was so much unrest in that area. Anyhow.........they had a short piece of wood encased in plastic resin ( ? ) that we got to hold and look at ( very interesting ). It was supposed to be from the boat. I have watched this sort of thing on the Tulsa PBS more than once. I had never seen anything about the carved crosses that I remember though. I hope I remember all of it correctly.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Very good stuff Gooser. May be those really worn cross looking carvings were really stick men (.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus