The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noah's Arc Documentary using real scientists

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    gooser,
    franco,
    your classification of Jesus as Rabbi only might indicate that you should rename your favorite professional football team. maybe call them the "New Orleans list of historical individuals who spent their lives serving humanity believing mistakenly that they were called to service by a Diety that does not exist".
    Referring to Jesus as a rabbi is perfectly reasonable since he was a jew and a teacher which is one of the definitions of "rabbi". Not exactly a pejorative as I understand it.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Referring to Jesus as a rabbi is perfectly reasonable since he was a jew and a teacher which is one of the definitions of "rabbi". Not exactly a pejorative as I understand it.
    I agree,
    and bet he was addressed as such now and again as he walked the earth. When I have old testiment talks with my Hebrew friends more than one speak of Jesus as "My Rabbi" not "A Rabbi" but mine. they have told me that means a Rabbi is "a teacher of the Torah" or "My Master". Too tired to google but am mildly sure a regular teacher is a moreh.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

in Matthew 16:13 Jesus asked the disciples(this is my recollection not a real translation), "who do others say that I am?" a variety of answers were given by Simon Peter. then Jesus asked, "Who do you say that I am?"

in this case my friend Franco only(as i noted) referenced Jesus as Rabbi. with "Saints" being a "churchy" word i thought it might be a little funny to give his team a similar but "non churchy" mascot.
    john mccallie

in Matthew 16:13 Jesus asked the disciples(this is my recollection not a real translation), "who do others say that I am?" a variety of answers were given by Simon Peter. then Jesus asked, "Who do you say that I am?"

in this case my friend Franco only(as i noted) referenced Jesus as Rabbi. with "Saints" being a "churchy" word i thought it might be a little funny to give his team a similar but "non churchy" mascot.
    They already have a "non churchy" nickname... They are the Aints
    Bill Davis

[QUOTEI agree,
    and bet he was addressed as such now and again as he walked the earth. When I have old testiment talks with my Hebrew friends more than one speak of Jesus as "My Rabbi" not "A Rabbi" but mine. they have told me that means a Rabbi is "a teacher of the Torah" or "My Master". Too tired to google but am mildly sure a regular teacher is a moreh.][/QUOTE]

Ken I'm not sure I want to go here or not,,,,,awe what the hell (. (.
    There are 8 usages of the word Rabbi. 5 of them are from followers/disciples addressing him as Rabbi.
    The other 3 are in a record in Mathew 23:1-10,, for context,, where Jesus is telling them not to refer to themselves as Rabbi and gives examples of the negative side of Rabbi or the misleading side of Rabbi also because there is only one Rabbi or better interpreted master. That is JC

"My Rabbi "then is my master and teacher and that personal Rabbi is JC. They may be christian whether they like it or not (. (.

pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Ya Goosers team is the Broncos...

Them donkeys ( or arses ) were instrumental figgers in the Biblical days..

Many in this city I live in,, think Denver has the second comming in their midst...

If he doest win the superbowl,,,,, I think history MAY repeat itself..

Plodding along regards:

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    [QUOTEI agree,
    and bet he was addressed as such now and again as he walked the earth. When I have old testiment talks with my Hebrew friends more than one speak of Jesus as "My Rabbi" not "A Rabbi" but mine. they have told me that means a Rabbi is "a teacher of the Torah" or "My Master". Too tired to google but am mildly sure a regular teacher is a moreh.]
    Ken I'm not sure I want to go here or not,,,,,awe what the hell (. (.
    There are 8 usages of the word Rabbi. 5 of them are from followers/disciples addressing him as Rabbi.
    The other 3 are in a record in Mathew 23:1-10,, for context,, where Jesus is telling them not to refer to themselves as Rabbi and gives examples of the negative side of Rabbi or the misleading side of Rabbi also because there is only one Rabbi or better interpreted master. That is JC

"My Rabbi "then is my master and teacher and that personal Rabbi is JC. They may be christian whether they like it or not (. (.
    pete[/QUOTE]

Roses are Red
    Violets are Blueish
    if it wasn't for Jesus
    We all would be Jewish

please forgive me and bless the starving pygmies in Houston
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Hey, if it were up to me, I would have named them the New Orleans Bourbons after the French Dynasty that was in power when the city was founded. The Fleur de Lis is a symbol of the Bourbon and Sun King dynasties.

A little History trivia; the city was named such in honor of the Maid Of Orleans. A photo of her statue is in my avatar. Anyone know her alias?

I stole the term "Rabbi Jesus" straight from Thomas Jefferson's Bible.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-16-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Roses are Red
    Violets are Blueish
    if it wasn't for Jesus
    We all would be Jewish
    (.(.
    Or

Roses are red violets have electrolytes if it weren't for Jesus we'ed all be pagans Israelite's and procylites.(sp) sorry its one of my 5 dollar words.
    OK enough silliness gotta get out the door the sun is coming up.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus