The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Nice quote I hadn't seen before

Default Nice quote I hadn't seen before

A friend of mine posted this on facebook. I hadn't seen it before and thought it was worth sharing.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." - Anonymous
    Randall

HRCH Truline's Cleopatra MH (Cleo)

Prime Time Rising Star MH ***(Emmy)
    Wyco's Lena-Linda con Besos SH (Lena)
    HRCH Surry's Smoking Gun SH (Sage) RIP

Licking Run's Blackberry Jam MH (Berry) RIP

Senior Member Sharon van der Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJG View Post
    A friend of mine posted this on facebook. I hadn't seen it before and thought it was worth sharing.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." - Anonymous
    This is the actual quote. I liked it so much it is on our "past champions" page.

"I could tell you the story of my life through the dogs I have loved. I could tell you the story of the losses in my life through their deaths. Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love and loyalty. They depart to teach us about loss. We try to replace them, but never quite succeed. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big."

Erica Jong, from an essay entitled "A Woman's Best Friend"

Oh - love that too!
    Randall

HRCH Truline's Cleopatra MH (Cleo)

Prime Time Rising Star MH ***(Emmy)
    Wyco's Lena-Linda con Besos SH (Lena)
    HRCH Surry's Smoking Gun SH (Sage) RIP

Licking Run's Blackberry Jam MH (Berry) RIP

Quote Originally Posted by RJG View Post

I liked this one so much I just posted it on facebook. It is so true.
    (Pink)

Cancer Can't Slow This Girl Down JH (Girl) --- RIP

Sir Boomer of Highlands Bayou (Boomer) --- RIP

Very nice and very true - many times i get caught up on how their training is going and how much more they need to learn and if they pass at a hunt test or if they were quiet in the blind while hunting and you forget how much they give you. There is a sig. line of someones on here and it always brings back to me that they are much more than a tool, they are a friend that will never ditch you or will purposely upset you, they are MANS BEST FRIEND.

The quote I really like goes something like this.

Dogs give us 100% of there focus and loyalty and man gives them his spare time and a little attention when he feels he has the opportunity. That is the best deal man ever made.
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser