The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Rand Paul

Banned

Default Rand Paul

Rand Paul is going to push the GOP

http://www.slate.com/blogs/trending/...ian_views.html

Push them Where? Too bad I thought he was a good canidate.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I was worried about Rand, that he was being radicalized by the far righties. Maybe his father's farewell speech to the House today rekindled what was Rand's Libertarian core.
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...ty-swing-vote/
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I was worried about Rand, that he was being radicalized by the far righties. Maybe his father's farewell speech to the House today rekindled what was Rand's Libertarian core.
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...ty-swing-vote/
    Rand ran with the Tea Party's backing in KY....he ran from a position that was further right than the senior senator from his home state..Mitch McConnell, which is not that difficult....

Rand strikes me as being his own man, I have no doubt he has learned from his dad how the game is played on Capitol Hill, but he is also a US Senator which is a step above where his dad was at...He also represents a whole different constituency in KY as opposed to where his dad was in TX....Rand is still the junior senator in his state just two years into his term, and until he either gets some meaningful legislation passed or ascends to the leadership of a major committee, then he is just posturing....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Franco,
    Clear out some space for PMs. says your box is full.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Rand ran with the Tea Party's backing in KY....he ran from a position that was further right than the senior senator from his home state..Mitch McConnell, which is not that difficult....

Rand strikes me as being his own man, I have no doubt he has learned from his dad how the game is played on Capitol Hill, but he is also a US Senator which is a step above where his dad was at...He also represents a whole different constituency in KY as opposed to where his dad was in TX....Rand is still the junior senator in his state just two years into his term, and until he either gets some meaningful legislation passed or ascends to the leadership of a major committee, then he is just posturing....
    I'm sure he was willing to accept all the backing he could get. However, his view's are in lock-step with his father's and they are both Libertarians. And, Libertarians and Teas are as different as day and night.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm sure he was willing to accept all the backing he could get. However, his view's are in lock-step with his father's and they are both Libertarians. And, Libertarians and Teas are as different as day and night.

WRONGO!!! YOU...and Tea Party members are as different as night and day.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    WRONGO!!! YOU...and Tea Party members are as different as night and day.

UB
    One of your few accurate statements!

The Libertarians will continue to grow because they represent a smaller Federal Government, Personal Responsiblity, Fiscal & Foreign Policy sanity whereas the Teas as of Nov 6th are done. Mainly because the Teas ran under the false banner that they represent Liberty when in all reality they are for anything but personal freedom and a smaller Federal Government!