The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sitka gear

Default sitka gear

Anyone using this stuff?Got on the outfitter program (my line of work) and ordered the Patenal bibs and Dakota hoody.Just got them and impressed with the fit.Will let you know the outcome at end of season.....Pretty pricey but with outfitters discount not bad.......Jim
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

I've been very pleased with their stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I've been very pleased with their stuff
    Nice to know...thanks Mark.......Jim
    Jim Weitzel

We carry it in our store. Everyone so far likes it. A good friend of ours has been duck hunting in his and loves it. Great camo pattern too.

Joyce
    Blackwater Chesapeakes
    Blackwater Sports Center

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
    We carry it in our store. Everyone so far likes it. A good friend of ours has been duck hunting in his and loves it. Great camo pattern too.

Joyce
    Blackwater Chesapeakes
    Blackwater Sports Center
    Thanks Joyce...congrats on your 3rd at specialty also!! Jim
    Jim Weitzel

Fits well & is very warm for its weight, but is not as tough as what I am used to. Requires some babying to prevent snags & wear.

Have the Sitka gear for early season bowhunting, its ok,was a gift,doesn't hold up as well and I don't use the dryer for any of my hunting clothes,because the heat just kills the fabric and shrinks it...I know that its all over Cabelas as their high end stuff..UnderArmour came out with a new green camo pattern, but way too green for fall waterfowl season

But if the price is right then by all means enjoy it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Used first couple years I had it in warm to sub zero conditions. For me, I find its good for active type hunting (spot and stalk, mountain hunting, intensive hunting on foot). I know they have expanded into the stand hunting area but I do not use during cold weather such as horse back hunting or stand hunting. FWIW
    George Billings
    Scout and Bella
    Aurora CO
    In Memory
    "Tess" Amigold Duckus Takem - Miss her greatly

I duck hunt in southwest louisiana, and have used Sitka gear exclusively for the last several years. I wear a full Sitka system in some variation every day of big duck season and teal season. The Delta Wading Jacket is my favorite piece and I wear it almost every day of the season and now all of the guys I hunt with have gotten some variant of their rain jacket (Pantanal, Delta, etc.). If I was going to buy a new jacket I would likely get the Pantanal Jacket instead of the Delta, but if you are wading a lot the Delta is the way to go. It is the only rain jacket I have ever had that has been 100% water proof. I know you will be pleased. The only criticism, and it is small, is that on many of their hooded items, the inside lining is white or grey. I wish that they would have relined the inside (at least of the portions that would be visible when the hood is down for example) with camo. This is a small thing, and for the most part it wont be visible, but would be a nice improvement for them to make on future items.

If you are going to be hunting hotter climates (or early season when it is still kind of Green), I would recommend the Grinder Pants and Core Lightweight Hoody.

If you have a question on a particular piece, I'd be happy to give you my thoughts. I have the majority of their duck line.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Etch View Post
    I duck hunt in southwest louisiana, and have used Sitka gear exclusively for the last several years. I wear a full Sitka system in some variation every day of big duck season and teal season. The Delta Wading Jacket is my favorite piece and I wear it almost every day of the season and now all of the guys I hunt with have gotten some variant of their rain jacket (Pantanal, Delta, etc.). If I was going to buy a new jacket I would likely get the Pantanal Jacket instead of the Delta, but if you are wading a lot the Delta is the way to go. It is the only rain jacket I have ever had that has been 100% water proof. I know you will be pleased. The only criticism, and it is small, is that on many of their hooded items, the inside lining is white or grey. I wish that they would have relined the inside (at least of the portions that would be visible when the hood is down for example) with camo. This is a small thing, and for the most part it wont be visible, but would be a nice improvement for them to make on future items.

If you are going to be hunting hotter climates (or early season when it is still kind of Green), I would recommend the Grinder Pants and Core Lightweight Hoody.

If you have a question on a particular piece, I'd be happy to give you my thoughts. I have the majority of their duck line.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks,with the Delta jacket,what do you usually wear under it?....was actually looking at the Hudson or Boreal jacket as most of my hunting is dryland in 30 degrees and below.Did you get the next to skin tops and bottoms?My price will be cheaper than UA which I really like. Jim
    Jim Weitzel