The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel and Gaza

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I agree...people forget what the US got all fired up about when Fidel threatened with the help of Krushchev to launch from Cuba....think about it what would we do if Mexico launched a missile....from San Antonio
    Maybe not such a farfetched comparison. I grew up in and still have family in Brownsville, Tx. The neighborhood in which we lived was easily within the range of a high-powered rifle from Mexico (about a mile from the river as the spent round flies). About three years ago we were down there and they had to shut down the college campus because bullets from a gunfight in Matamoros were striking buildings and cars on campus. About a month ago I was down there again and could hear gunfire in Matamoros. At least this was all just them shooting at each other, nothing aimed at folks on this side. Can only imagine what it would be like if they were firing motor shells or RPG.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I agree...people forget what the US got all fired up about when Fidel threatened with the help of Krushchev to launch from Cuba....think about it what would we do if Mexico launched a missile....from San Antonio
    What we would do? Well border agents backed up by dept. of homeland security would be on that missile the second it hit the ground. Because instead of a nuclear payload it had 75 fellers that wanted to pick apples. “We” would then provide them with drivers’ licensees, health care, and a free telephone. Then transport them to a sanctuary city they choose.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

And I will make you a great nation (Isreal), And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." (Genesis 12:2-3)

Doesn't really matter what I think.
    Brian Caudle
    Marriner's Lady Piper of Coratank "Piper" JH

Why not make Isreal the 51st state? We send major tax money there and we have vowed to defend it as jealously as our own territory. Let's annex the place.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Yeah Israel is the only country we send tax payer's money to help support isn't it? It amazes me the number of Israel haters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Yeah Israel is the only country we send tax payer's money to help support isn't it? It amazes me the number of Israel haters out there.
    amazes me too, cant figure out if the hate is anti Semetic,anti Christian or what...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

amazes me too, cant figure out if the hate is anti Semetic,anti Christian or what...

It's more like anti American. The left is so concerned about how much tax money is sent to a friendly nation like Israel, but seldom complains about the billions being sent to the muslims.

And, of course, a lefty like Sarge pays so much income tax, he should have a say in where it should be spent.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Ditto ! Have wondered about all this plus skin headed natzi types for years. Then the oldest "kid" started shaving his head ( 50 plus ), vbg. He says it's better that way because he hasn't got enough hair on top to justify paying the barber for a haircut.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    What we would do? Well border agents backed up by dept. of homeland security would be on that missile the second it hit the ground. Because instead of a nuclear payload it had 75 fellers that wanted to pick apples. “We” would then provide them with drivers’ licensees, health care, and a free telephone. Then transport them to a sanctuary city they choose.
    Yes, the Marco Rubio plan.

Headlines in the NY Times this AM:
    An Outgunned Hamas Tries to Tap Islamists' Growing Clout
    By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and MAYY EL SHEIKH
    As Israel and Hamas met separately with Egyptian officials for indirect talks about a truce in the ongoing Gaza fight, Hamas seemed to be trying to exert its sway over ideological allies in Egypt's government.
    How does this read: Hamas dumps rockets on Israel. (Some speculate that they have acquired longer-range rockets from Iran.) Israel responds. Hamas then squeals about how unfair that is, and looks to its big brothers to help them out.

Then the next headline:
    Brigades That Fire on Israel Are Showing a New Discipline
    By JODI RUDOREN
    As many as 15,000 Qassam fighters are responsible for most of the rocket blitzes that have blanketed southern Israel in recent days, experts say.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.