The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Israel and Gaza

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Headlines in the NY Times this AM:

How does this read: Hamas dumps rockets on Israel. (Some speculate that they have acquired longer-range rockets from Iran.) Israel responds. Hamas then squeals about how unfair that is, and looks to its big brothers to help them out.

Then the next headline:

This does seem to be a bit on target to me. Hamas is firing unguided missiles sort of will-nilly into Israel. Seems like a relatively ineffective attempt to replicate the London Blitz, attempting to kill anyone in Israel unfortunate enough to be in range with regard to religious belief or value to the regime. Israel responds by using targeted strikes in an attempt to kill the leaders of Hamas, there are some collateral casualties, and Israel is the villain. Personally, I think Israel is showing quite a bit of restraint. (so far)
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

This shows that Isreal is fully capable of taking care of themselves. That is what I want and I speak for most americans on this subject. It is their problem and they need to solve it. We have our own and sooner we stop worring about others and focus on our on, the better off we will be.

And to imply that the election results had something to do with this is just stupid

Menmon, I actually agree with you. Except I do think the election does have some impact on the situation. I live in an area of the country where folks blindly support the state of Israel, but have no reason other than "my pastor told me to". Lots of folks don't realize how many innocent folks have been persecuted by Israel, both Muslim and Christian. I say let Israel take care of itself and only get involved if our national security is at risk and congress approves it.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Menmon, I actually agree with you. Except I do think the election does have some impact on the situation. I live in an area of the country where folks blindly support the state of Israel, but have no reason other than "my pastor told me to". Lots of folks don't realize how many innocent folks have been persecuted by Israel, both Muslim and Christian. I say let Israel take care of itself and only get involved if our national security is at risk and congress approves it.
    x2 twice. the world does watch and react to our elections. Jimmy Carter and the hostages for example.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    The is the Libertarian Party's stance on this issue! However, the far-righties are controlled by paranoia and the Military Industrial Complex has them believing we should be the police of the world. Some here on POTUS have even suggested that we go to war with Iran! Isreal is more than capable of taking care of themselves. We need to stop telling them what to do, sell them the arms that they need and stay the hell out!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Yeah Israel is the only country we send tax payer's money to help support isn't it? It amazes me the number of Israel haters out there.
    amazes me too, cant figure out if the hate is anti Semetic,anti Christian or what...
    It has nothing to do with being anti- Semetic or anti-Christian or hating Israel. The Israelis, the Palestinians, and the Brits all created this mess. Let them figure it out or battle it out. No good is going to come of it, if we keep sticking our nose in it.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!