The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: As long as we're talking about JOBS!

Default As long as we're talking about JOBS!

I see a lot of postings by conservatives both here and on facebook about job losses. Just adding a little here from the prospective of someone in the energy business.

Gamesa announces 92 layoffs

• Bipartisan group of governors form wind energy coalition

• Red State Renewable Alliance forms to support wind energy, PTC extension

I know you all are against alternative energy. I tend to hold the "all of the above" view. And don't think for a minute that there aren't credits given for more traditional generation. There are 37,000 good jobs at stake.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    veb"] I know you all are against alternative energy. I tend to hold the "all of the above" view. And don't think for a minute that there aren't credits given for more traditional generation. There are 37,000 good jobs at stake.
    Now, I'm not sure 'we' are against alternative energy. I don't think alternative energy is the answer to all our problems.

I'm for anyway we can stop importing energy into this country. I believe it is important for our fiscal and national security. I hate to see jobs lost for profitable companies. I don't want to see unprofitable companies supported by tax dollars. I think our president has given green energy a black eye but his thinking it can replace our current energy sources so quickly.

Tom
    Tom Wall

I'm certainly NOT against alternative energy, but I don't really think that wind is the answer, nor do I think that it is as environmentally benign as those promoting it would lead one to believe. They are putting those things up by the hundreds around here and they don't really lend much to the skyline either.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I'm certainly NOT against alternative energy, but I don't really think that wind is the answer, nor do I think that it is as environmentally benign as those promoting it would lead one to believe. They are putting those things up by the hundreds around here and they don't really lend much to the skyline either.

You're right. Wind isn't THE answer. It is an important part of it though. There is no environmentally benign way to produce power. Some are more benign than others. Lots of folks don't like the way they look on the skyline. Once upon a time I designed a 2.5 MW and a 5 MW generator for wind application. I don't think the larger one went anywhere. At Siemens we always used to groan when a new request for quote came in. They never went anywhere but we have to give our best effort regardless. My attitude changed when I started to see them sell and get installed. I started to see beauty in them, LOL! When I get time I'll have to put up some links that explain wind's place in the grid.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)