RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Guide.... Tiger Slam

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  BonMallari 
#1 ·
If he wins this thing would that be the single season ever? He is working on his version of the "Tiger Slam" Long way to go, but has there ever been a dog do it all in the same year?

#2 ·
NFC NAFC CNAFC Wanapum Darts Dandy

she won the '75 National..the '76 National Amateur ...and then the '76 Canadian National Open

#3 ·
To add to Dandy's accomplishment she turned around and won the '77 Canadian National, and to keep it all in the family, her littermate/sister Garbo won the '78 Canadian National

the only other Triple that come to mind is that of Super Chief....he won the '67 National Amateur and then swept both the National Amateur and National Open in '68

#8 ·
I pre nationaled with Bill Guide and Scotty not to mention ran through Canadian Am with him. Very powerful dog that is nice to brought around. This is the first time Bill has run Guide in a non training event.

Bill

#12 ·
Even not winning this dogs accomplishments are exceptional. He is a finalist to add to his accomplishments which is not to be overlooked. Can someone tell us more about Guide - who trained, age, whats in his breeding etc?

#13 ·
I dont know much about Guide....but he is a son of NAFC FC Carbon Copy of Horn Creek on his sires side, and a Patton grandson on his Dam's side...He was originally owned by Steve/Laura Cote in Calif before Sherwin purchased him...I think he was on Gunzer's truck at one time but was handled by Sherwin in Canada and by Bill Totten at the National....

Saw him up close at a couple of trials in Utah and he was an impressive dog, good looking to boot...IMO if you can get over the fact that he is an EIC carrier, he is a viable option as a stud choice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.