The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: And the hits keep on coming.

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Ah yes, the beloved eighth grade handbook. And thank you for calling my 75 year old body young. But I haven't recalled anything from an eighth grade handbook...it's far too long ago since I made use of one. But thanks for the reminder. Have no fear, I wouldn't doubt you. I suspect you use that book daily...probably the final book from which you studied. Will you be graduating soon? Please send us all an invoice, so we can provide you with a graduation gift.

    UB
    It seems that you haven't recalled much in recent years instead you resort to Beck and Limbaugh.

  2. #12
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It seems that you haven't recalled much in recent years instead you resort to Beck and Limbaugh.
    That's the best you can do? Wheel out Franco's favorite line? You lose.
    Bill Davis

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    You are probably not old enough to have viewed this - but one of the classiest guys I've ever witnessed handled it quite well . During a Basketball game the announcers were trading comments & Rick Barry stated to Bill Russell "Isn't it time for that watermelon eating grin". Russell froze Barry with a wordless look - some of the more sensitive on this forum could practice that. I could pass on many more Russell instances but most would not see the significance of his actions.

    To trade a perceived diatribe for another while feigning displeasure says more of the recipient than the originator . I for one appreciate UB's views & the fact that you & many others here are unable to deal with that speaks volumes. That he is willing to share with us the thoughts of others is appreciated on this front. We have been subjected all too often to the garbage of the left that many here pass off as gospel .
    What I don't deal with is contrived garbage, which is what the original post is, as is much of what he posts. The fact that you appreciate misrepresentations and distortions of facts is confusing, but it is absolutely your right.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    If you believe 'being civil' is saying I bow to Goebbles, inferring I'm some sort of a Nazi, your 'civility' might be in question.


    UB
    I never said you bow to Goebbles, and I never infrerred you were a Nazi. As far as being civil, I'm no longer trying in your case. But, one thing to keep in mind, Obama is going to be your messiah for the next 4 years too.

  5. #15
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I never said you bow to Goebbles, and I never infrerred you were a Nazi. As far as being civil, I'm no longer trying in your case. But, one thing to keep in mind, Obama is going to be your messiah for the next 4 years too.
    I dont know if you attend any religious institution, Blackstone, but neither Obama nor any other living person will ever be my Messiah...if you wish to make him yours go right ahead

    My Messiah is Jesus Christ
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I dont know if you attend any religious institution, Blackstone, but neither Obama nor any other living person will ever be my Messiah...if you wish to make him yours go right ahead

    My Messiah is Jesus Christ
    Lighten up Bon. That was just in response to UB's comment that he was my Messiah. I guess you didn’t catch the sarcasm.
    Last edited by Blackstone; 11-19-2012 at 06:59 AM.

  7. #17
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Those people that flew plans into the towers and pentegon were not muslims...they were evil people hiding behind religion...no more different than the man that blew up the federal building in OK City who was hiding behind religion.

    UB...the world has left you. This country was built on diversity and tolorance and that is why it is great. It changes with the times.

    I liked the slower america too....wish we could go back to party line phones and no internet or cable TV...but we are not, so we have to learn to accept our neighbors and find the common ground. Why don't you stop listening to the naysayers and start listening to real folks and you will like the world a lot better.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Those people that flew plans into the towers and pentegon were not muslims...they were evil people hiding behind religion...no more different than the man that blew up the federal building in OK City who was hiding behind religion.

    UB...the world has left you. This country was built on diversity and tolorance and that is why it is great. It changes with the times.

    I liked the slower america too....wish we could go back to party line phones and no internet or cable TV...but we are not, so we have to learn to accept our neighbors and find the common ground. Why don't you stop listening to the naysayers and start listening to real folks and you will like the world a lot better.
    Blasphmey! The world can NOT return to the days before; College Game Day on ESPN, cell phones with alarm clocks and Youtube!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  9. #19
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Lighten up Bon. That was just in response to UB's comment that he was my Messiah. I guess you didn’t catch the sarcasm.

    First off...at NO TIME have I ever spelled the word messiah when it concerns what the left has made of Obama, with a capital M. Only the lefties, and fools of this nation treat him in that manner.

    Secondly, since the source for all you lefties is the sacred Snopes...read this and weep.

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dhs.asp


    As you continue to castigate me, would it be 'fair' if I call you the hypocrite?

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  10. #20
    Senior Member PamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    First off...at NO TIME have I ever spelled the word messiah when it concerns what the left has made of Obama, with a capital M. Only the lefties, and fools of this nation treat him in that manner.

    Secondly, since the source for all you lefties is the sacred Snopes...read this and weep.

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dhs.asp


    As you continue to castigate me, would it be 'fair' if I call you the hypocrite?

    UB
    Why would you include data that proves the other guys point? The Snopes article says this happened in 2009. You presented this as news from today.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •