The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Devestated......... A little gdg

What I want to know is why I miss them so badly now that they're gone, when I haven't had a bite of anything Hostess made for year?

Guess it' just the lure of the unattainable.

As for the 18,000 who lost their jobs, it was only the baker's union who in the end refused to cooperate.
    Pam
    Roughwater Stacked & Packed, "Babe," MH, CD, RN, CGC, WDQ

Try Little Debbie Nutty Bars and Oatmeal Creme Pies. Mighty tasty....
    Marlana Smith
    APR SHR TDK's Dusty Gunslinger JH - "Churchill"
    CPR Max's Black Diamond Girl Scout JH - "Scout"

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyJ View Post
    It should be why union why instead of Hostess. We can thank the unions for no more twinkies. The 18,000 people had a choice and they chose not to work. At least they won't have any twinkies while they are sitting around on their duffs drawing unemployment
    Lets blame this on the union BS. 18000 people stood for what they as a majority wanted and a corporate giant took low road out and closed down. Wait and see they will reopen after they liqudate the company. As a non union company and begin making their product again and selling it for the same price but only paying their employees minimum wage and letting the rest of us pay for their healthcare.

UNION PROUD REGARDS.
    Black as mollases, call name Strap

Sire: Fc Afc Land ahoy "PIRATE"

Dam: Ten bears little bit "BUTTON"

Quote Originally Posted by blackasmollases View Post
    Lets blame this on the union BS. 18000 people stood for what they as a majority wanted and a corporate giant took low road out and closed down. Wait and see they will reopen after they liqudate the company. As a non union company and begin making their product again and selling it for the same price but only paying their employees minimum wage and letting the rest of us pay for their healthcare.

UNION PROUD REGARDS.
    It's ok to be a proud Union supporter and still recognize a bonehead union move when it happens. Even if it all works out the way you predict, how in the heck was it a smart move for the Union to play hardball when Hostess was allready standing on pretty thin financial ice for the past couple years. They flat couldn't afford any concessions, now 18,000 people are out of work.

My favorites were the little blackberry and cherry pies.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    It's ok to be a proud Union supporter and still recognize a bonehead union move when it happens. Even if it all works out the way you predict, how in the heck was it a smart move for the Union to play hardball when Hostess was allready standing on pretty thin financial ice for the past couple years. They flat couldn't afford any concessions, now 18,000 people are out of work.

John
    Wait and watch. They will be back as I said selling their product at the same price and paying minimum wage. Mitch Daniels did it here see it in the steel mills already just my thoughts nothing more.
    Black as mollases, call name Strap

Sire: Fc Afc Land ahoy "PIRATE"

Dam: Ten bears little bit "BUTTON"

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post

John

I agree with John.
    It wasnt 18000 that wouldnt settle. 13000 did it was 5000 in the bakers union that would not settle. Doesnt seem fair that 5000 took away the other 13000 jobs

It just makes no sense. 3 States legalize Marijuana and the best munchy food goes out of business. I was just fixing to invest in them.
    If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

Live today as if it is your last, for no man is guaranteed tomorrow.

Note to Self........ Be fast on the Whistle and slow with the Cast

JAVA - My 1st hunting / Test Dog - I miss him
    Dixie - Left us way to soon
    Abby - She makes my daughter smile
    Storm - my constant shadow

loved the fruit pies!!! sometimes when I couldn't decide between Cherry and lemon - I would eat one of each!!
    "Too late smart, too soon old" - Now I finally get it Grandpa

Dennis Long
    HRCH SHDW MTN Aces and Eights Toby MH "Toby"
    HRCH Barton Creek's Winner Take All MH "Rio"
    Ranger 1997 - 2012
    Ragin' Charge of the Light Brigade "Cannon"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinismybrother View Post
    loved the fruit pies!!! sometimes when I couldn't decide between Cherry and lemon - I would eat one of each!!
    Right, ya gotta eat your fruits and vegetables every day. I mean health comes first! But, I'm really glad they never made a brocoli one.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    Im totally devistated. I love them all from the pies to twinkies. It's Hostess or nothing other brands suck. Why doesnt our wonderful fearless leader jump in and save these 18 thousand jobs like he did government, I mean general motors?
    'cause the first lady would have him sleeping with Bo, the PWD.
    health nut ya know?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin