The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - discovered great cold weather pants!

I like the look of them... a little stretch is always a good thing . I'm always a little leery of ordering clothing online without trying the object on, but really I ought to get over that. Online ordering with a good return policy is getting easier and easier. Thanks for the tip, I'm always on the lookout for stuff like this too.
    Pam
    HR Roughwater Stacked & Packed, "Babe," MH, CD, RN, CGC, WDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    Wish they weren't so low-rise...it gets cold enough here that I like to have all of my backside covered.

so how would we be able to see your tramp stamp?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

[QUOTE=Jennifer Henion;1035406]You can wear them to the store or to a restaurant or the bank and not look like a redneck.

I would recommend coordinating those pants with a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    so how would we be able to see your tramp stamp?
    Ain't got one.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Now can you find me a body to fit in those pants? Looking at trading my old one in....
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Wish they weren't so low-rise...it gets cold enough here that I like to have all of my backside covered.
    My thoughts exactly! Plus, for us the high side of 55 and not salon toned, well it's just not pretty!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

They look a lot more low rise in the photo than they actually are. I was a bit leary of that, too, but once they arrived and I tried them on, they came up to where they needed to be. Don't want to say they fit like a glove, but they do fit like a glove without looking tight. Super functional. But for full disclosure, I do kind of have boyish hips and I'm in my 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Had to share this because I'm always in search of functional but feminine pants to wear for dog training, hunting, etc.

These are warm with micro lining and a water repellent outer fabric. They are very feminine fitting and have lots of pockets which aren't bulky.

They are well made and built to last by Prana. I've purchased yoga, stretch type pants from them the last several years and wear them to work everyday (doggie daycare/boarding). Two of my favorites I've had for 6 years - which is unheard of for the wear and tear they endure.

Anyway, the new ones are called "The Greta Pant". I ordered two pairs and am in love. You can wear them to the store or to a restaurant or the bank and not look like a redneck.

I am not in any way affiliated with or related to the Prana company - no kickbacks,either. Just know how hard it is to find clothes for active women who want to still look like women.

Here's the link:http://www.prana.com/greta-pant.html?color=Black
    Feminine fitting? Does that mean a girls butt looks good in em? Might want to contact Pals and go ahead and throw the ho boots into the ensemble.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

That's exactly what I was thinking Sharon. I'd love to have them otherwise....

I have been getting Carhart pants. I get them a size too big so I can fit Under Armor under them in the winter. They hold up great!

I get these: http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/s...3887&langId=-1

Find them at my local Southern States store for less too!

These by Duluth are excellent too: http://women.duluthtrading.com/store...nts/36012.aspx

For you guys out there...my husband SWEARS by the Fire Hose Pants! http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...nts/86125.aspx

I am NOT a fashionista! I spend most of my time in Life is Good T-shirts!

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Those are very cute, but as someone with a small waist but some extra junk in the trunk, I think I'd be showing cleavage of the posterior kind.

I found some very cute pants made by a company called 511 in the pro shop this past week (we're members of Front Sight Firearms Training Institute in Nevada) that have a ton of pocket room, are heavy-duty (kind of canvas-like material it seems) and are quite flattering for most women. Granted, they are designed to wear when carrying a holster, extra magazines, etc.... I was thoroughly impressed, though. Definitely worth a try. Oh, and you can get them for about half the price of the Greta pants (or more).
    -Julie, Monty (2005 YLM), Rogue (2009 BLM), and Eddy (2013 BLM)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Anon

LIFE IS GOOD. "Do what you like, like what you do."