The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - discovered great cold weather pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
    What is RTF coming to?
    This conversation should've been moved to the product review awhile ago but I think everyone was so shocked it continued past post 3 when the men got involved, so it's kept rolling! It was funny/borderline creepy when a fashion show was requested early on...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    hee hee... uhhhh, well, I'm 42, so older than me at this point. 20 years ago, the answer would have been much older than me.
    Ok, how's this? We got old guys, we got accessories...

Waaaay past creepy...
    Renee P

Whatever, Renee!

Ya sicko!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Whatever, Renee!

Ya sicko!
    The mind goeth where the thread leadeth...

I think the "ensemble" on the far right has real potential as a handler's "top." Sometimes ya want black, sometimes ya want white...here you have both!!!

You need to add the leggings for the warmth, maybe they come in black for some good contrast on blinds.
    Last edited by mitty; 11-22-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Renee P

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Just looked over the 511 pants that Montview recommended. They have one with a "drop rear" via zipper that I am interested in. No more pants around the ankles out in the woods!!!
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Thank you Jennifer. They look like great pants. It is hard to find lower waist pants for the field. Yes, I have no waist and narrow hips and I am offiically old this year.

Mary Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Kathryn--is the material able to withstand walking through briars--the multiflora rose thorn variety? I like the higher waist on those pants, the prana's waist is pretty low. What about burrs and stick tights--can you brush them off easily?

You guys leave my ho boots out of this--those are strictly for foo foo shows.
    Nancy, I wouldn't call these briar proof, but I think the fabric weave is tight enough to stand up to rose thorns. So far I haven't had any thing stick to them, but the finish is kind of slick, so I don't see that picking off burrs would be difficult. And yes, the waist is higher - the pants pull on like sweat pants and there is a draw string waist, which I didn't like at first, but it's growing on me, especially when I want to loosen it up

Kathryn
    Never say never . . . never say always . . . know when to say when.

Julie,

Those tactical pants look great! Do you prefer one over the other? I use those light fishing pants in the summer with zip off legs, so looking for something heavier to keep warm this winter....

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Any suggestions for mens pants from the ladies? What do you like to see in a mens pant when training?
    A cold nose feels good on a hot day.....
    Majestic Oaks Liberty Belle JH

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    The mind goeth where the thread leadeth...

I think the "ensemble" on the far right has real potential as a handler's "top." Sometimes ya want black, sometimes ya want white...here you have both!!!

You need to add the leggings for the warmth, maybe they come in black for some good contrast on blinds.
    Branching off a bit…..
    I had this same idea years back, at a yard sale I found a mostly new high school basket ball official shirt. My size! I thought it would be the perfect handlers shirt, like you.
    But it turned out that at close distance it was a moot point as some folk intentionally purchase camo handling coats with the niftiest new patterns. In an attempt to hide from their dogs.
    And at end of the field, long distance. The black and white side by each other, turned into a gray shirt.
    You think it is nifty, but it’s not. Now I have seen a handlers jacket that has one black stripe shoulder to wrist on the inside of the arm. That, from my bird boy perch was very effective. It was a female handler running up here. I do not know who.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin