The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - discovered great cold weather pants!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow machine View Post
    Any suggestions for mens pants from the ladies? What do you like to see in a mens pant when training?
    I was about to pop in that snapshot of Gooser, topless in the camo clam diggers. But this is such a valid question that could lead to one of the gold nuggets Chris counsels us about….. That I’m going to sit back and soak up some knowledge. I am told, on occasion, this is an area I need assistance in.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Any suggestions for mens pants from the ladies? What do you like to see in a mens pant when training?

Ummmm.....is that a bumper in your pocket or are you just happy to see me!!!
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

That's a tee shirt quote, you better copy right that !

Ummmm.....is that a bumper in your pocket or are you just happy to see me!!!
    Last edited by Brokengunz; 11-23-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Kathryn--is the material able to withstand walking through briars--the multiflora rose thorn variety? I like the higher waist on those pants, the prana's waist is pretty low. What about burrs and stick tights--can you brush them off easily?

You guys leave my ho boots out of this--those are strictly for foo foo shows.
    Might just need a set of waxed canvas chaps...
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

Senior Member Sharon van der Lee's Avatar

Um, Wranglers

Sporthill 3sp gets high marks on many forums. 4 way stretch, windproof, dries quickly and warm.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

I have to add my 2 cents worth here too. I really dislike the current trend toward low rise pants. There isn't one adult woman in 20 that looks good in them in my part of the country, and I know from my wife's experience that it is nearly impossible to find anything else these days. I really miss the old days when those form fitting, high waisted Rocky Mountain jeans were the style. What they did for the view when an equestri-ann went strolling by was really something.

I also have to say that I'm also tired of not being able to find men's jeans that actually come to my waist. I'm down to two pairs of jeans now and they are about shot. The levis that I used to wear all of a sudden shortened the zipper by over an inch,and the same has been true of every jean I have tried on for at least the last year. We ordered about six different pairs (different maker, different model, etc) and shipped them all back.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have to add my 2 cents worth here too. I really dislike the current trend toward low rise pants. There isn't one adult woman in 20 that looks good in them in my part of the country, and I know from my wife's experience that it is nearly impossible to find anything else these days. I really miss the old days when those form fitting, high waisted Rocky Mountain jeans were the style. What they did for the view when an equestri-ann went strolling by was really something.

I also have to say that I'm also tired of not being able to find men's jeans that actually come to my waist. I'm down to two pairs of jeans now and they are about shot. The levis that I used to wear all of a sudden shortened the zipper by over an inch,and the same has been true of every jean I have tried on for at least the last year. We ordered about six different pairs (different maker, different model, etc) and shipped them all back.
    Cabela's makes Nice ladies' jeans. They even have long inseams.
    Renee P

They look like a good pair of diesel fitter pants.
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.

Jordache with a Kangol crusher hat.
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.