RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Ladies - discovered great cold weather pants!

13K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  yellow machine 
#1 ·
Had to share this because I'm always in search of functional but feminine pants to wear for dog training, hunting, etc.

These are warm with micro lining and a water repellent outer fabric. They are very feminine fitting and have lots of pockets which aren't bulky.

They are well made and built to last by Prana. I've purchased yoga, stretch type pants from them the last several years and wear them to work everyday (doggie daycare/boarding). Two of my favorites I've had for 6 years - which is unheard of for the wear and tear they endure.

Anyway, the new ones are called "The Greta Pant". I ordered two pairs and am in love. You can wear them to the store or to a restaurant or the bank and not look like a *******.

I am not in any way affiliated with or related to the Prana company - no kickbacks,either. Just know how hard it is to find clothes for active women who want to still look like women.

Here's the link:http://www.prana.com/greta-pant.html?color=Black

#11 ·
I like the look of them... a little stretch is always a good thing ;-). I'm always a little leery of ordering clothing online without trying the object on, but really I ought to get over that. Online ordering with a good return policy is getting easier and easier. Thanks for the tip, I'm always on the lookout for stuff like this too.

#17 ·
They look a lot more low rise in the photo than they actually are. I was a bit leary of that, too, but once they arrived and I tried them on, they came up to where they needed to be. Don't want to say they fit like a glove, but they do fit like a glove without looking tight. Super functional. But for full disclosure, I do kind of have boyish hips and I'm in my 40s.

#20 ·
Those are very cute, but as someone with a small waist but some extra junk in the trunk, I think I'd be showing cleavage of the posterior kind. ;)

I found some very cute pants made by a company called 511 in the pro shop this past week (we're members of Front Sight Firearms Training Institute in Nevada) that have a ton of pocket room, are heavy-duty (kind of canvas-like material it seems) and are quite flattering for most women. Granted, they are designed to wear when carrying a holster, extra magazines, etc.... I was thoroughly impressed, though. Definitely worth a try. :) Oh, and you can get them for about half the price of the Greta pants (or more).

#27 ·
#34 · (Edited)
The mind goeth where the thread leadeth...

I think the "ensemble" on the far right has real potential as a handler's "top." Sometimes ya want black, sometimes ya want white...here you have both!!!

You need to add the leggings for the warmth, maybe they come in black for some good contrast on blinds.

#38 ·
Julie,

Those tactical pants look great! Do you prefer one over the other? I use those light fishing pants in the summer with zip off legs, so looking for something heavier to keep warm this winter....

Sue Puff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.