The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New training videos from Britain - Looks neat.

Good morning Jen, well at least it's morning here in Ireland. I have read with interest some of the comments on the forum. We have a saying here in Ireland, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating", or in this case, the watching. Watch and marvel as 'The Dog Guru' teaches how he trains his Labradors here in Ireland, without E collars, force, intimidation, or threat, as I said before, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Warmest regards, Harry

don't mean to cast asperisions, but WHO in the USA sits a dog on his left side and send with his right hand ????
    Anyone who trained the send out as described in the Wildrose DVD published and widely sold in the US.

There are also other differences in the send out than just hand position.

Eug
    Thank you, very kind, Mine's a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cook View Post
    Good morning Jen, well at least it's morning here in Ireland. I have read with interest some of the comments on the forum. We have a saying here in Ireland, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating", or in this case, the watching. Watch and marvel as 'The Dog Guru' teaches how he trains his Labradors here in Ireland, without E collars, force, intimidation, or threat, as I said before, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Warmest regards, Harry
    Happy Thanksgiving, Harry! Now lemme put you right on your mawkish marketing pitch. We 'Mericans - North 'Mericans, including one of your correspondents here who won the 2011 Canadian Amateur - have heard it all before and actually are amused by it. Of course, we'd be much more likely to buy a retriever training DVD made by Mr. Bean or, God rest his soul, Father Ted (with Father Dougal as protege). Thing is, the blarney don't wear none too well on us (or US). So the proof being in the pudding, when it comes to what Scott's asked about "the Dog Guru"'s FT credentials, is in your own peroration (marketing spiel) actually more akin to nailing Jello to a tree. One last thing: My UK intel offers the most d*mning indictment of all apropos a DVD "three years in the making:" "It's too bloody American." Crikey. Alas, s/he was referring to the bombast and razzmatazz on your end - as we say in the States, it's not the trainer, it's the dog. Or director.

Cheers,

MG

PS Hey Eug, how 'bout that Albion! And a big Roll Tide, of course

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post
    don't mean to cast asperisions, but WHO in the USA sits a dog on his left side and send with his right hand ????

BobbyB
    cajun
    I don't know if it matters which side he casts his dog from? It just another way of training retrievers in another country for viewing. No doubt we will continue to do our thing and they their way!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Last edited by Mary Lynn Metras; 11-22-2012 at 05:24 AM.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

He has done a fine job marketing himself.,,, and he probably is a very good dog trainer also. You don't have to win the U.S National every year to be a very good dog trainer.

There are good trainers all around the world. Most just don't have the time or resources to make a DVD. So Kudo's to those who can.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post

BobbyB
    cajun
    I cast off dogs British style, because its the way I learned at first. My mentor has a lot of British training influence dating back to the 70's. And Eug, this was long before I trained with Mike or saw his videos!

It's not just about using a different hand, it's about body language and how you heel/line the dog. For me, it's easier to line the dog using the British method.
    Last edited by Bartona500; 11-22-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    -Barton Ramsey

I was gonna order these but when it asked for a address I didn't know what to put. I wonder what mailing company they will use to deliver in the U.S.?

Are there two slots for addresses. Put your PO Box in one and your street address on the other. That's what I have to do. I don't get mail delivered to the house in my rural area.
    Last edited by Jennifer Henion; 11-24-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Are there two slots for addresses. Put your PO Box in one and your street address on the other. That's what I have to do. Don't get mail delivered to the house.

It just has one line. I don't get mail at the house either so I wanted to give the right address. I e-mailed them , just waiting on an answer.