The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: New training videos from Britain - Looks neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Any technique from any country that improves our retriever training, is worth absorbing. This might mean you have to overlook the differences in the small details, but that effort may be worthwhile if you learn something new about a bigger concept.

Not saying they do it better or necessarily know more than the US experts, I haven't even seen the DVDs, but I'll bet there are things to be learned from anyone who is successful at what they do. Especially if the scenery is REALLY pretty!

Jen
    I agree with this. I enjoy learning about training dogs from anyone. I own most of the well known training videos and have learned good things from all of them. I just ordered this one and will look forward to learning something new. Thanks for posting this.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    If each CD has a bottle of Jameson taped to the case I think I could make it through the series. After watching it and drinking I'd be training using my Irish voice......oooooo-ver? bahh-ak!....
    Yer a bluudeee idjet thas wat yuu arrr! Dee ya thinnk any sane man is gownna tout 'is wares wiv a wee tiny trappin o' Irish...gahd, occh ah canna hardly say it, Irish Whisky!???
    Nay, nay, nay laddy, if it's repeat business he be wantin he better stap his wee DeeVeeDee to a greet big bottle o' Highland malt!
    Last edited by blind ambition; 04-10-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

The dog that the video/DVD follows from puppy to finished earned his FTCH in January... So that's at least one.
    -Barton Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Yer a bluudeee idjet thas wat yuu arrr! Dee ya thinnk any sane man is gownna tout 'is wares wiv a wee tiny trappin o' Irish...gahd, occh ah canna hardly say it, Irish Whisky!???
    Nay, nay, nay laddy, if it's repeat business he be wantin he better stap his wee DeeVeeDee to a greet big bottle o' Highland malt!
    This can'naht be tahped!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartona500 View Post
    The dog that the video/DVD follows from puppy to finished earned his FTCH in January... So that's at least one.
    Yes, two of the pups from the video have made it. One has his FTCH and the other is a few points away. The 3rd and 4th dvds are the best in my opinion. I was actually sad at the end of the fourth dvd. Such a neat series.

My only complaint is he really doesn't show a lot of cold blind work. There's a lot of shown blinds and lot of handling training, however. His dogs do handle very crisply and are very crisp on obedience. It really is a neat series from a newbie perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Yes, two of the pups from the video have made it. One has his FTCH and the other is a few points away. The 3rd and 4th dvds are the best in my opinion. I was actually sad at the end of the fourth dvd. Such a neat series.

My only complaint is he really doesn't show a lot of cold blind work. There's a lot of shown blinds and lot of handling training, however. His dogs do handle very crisply and are very crisp on obedience. It really is a neat series from a newbie perspective.
    I was hoping you would chime back in. My copy is on the way... I am looking at two different bitches out of the FTCH dog in the video. They're 10 & 14 months now, and demonstrating great work. Keith really is a nice guy, and he really does produce some top quality dogs. Billy at Leadburn took one of the Copperbirch dogs to FTCH w/ relative ease, so I've heard.
    -Barton Ramsey

Wow, if the pups grew up with Keith and out of Ross, I'd bet they are a really nice dogs! He definitely knows dogs and is a great guy.

Please let me know if you get one and how they turn out for you. Would love to see them.

I think up until then Keith had never actually made a dog up to FTCH himself and did he definitely make that one up himself? I can't remember.
    He talks a good talk though (and he has bred some nice dogs that have done well in the hands of others.....)

Are we talking about the man's credentials ,or the content of the videos?..You make your choice and you pay the money. What you get is what you get. What you do with it is up to you.
    Frankly,It doesn't matter a jot whether the man made up 1 Ftch ,Or 100.
    It would be the same for any pup you got from Lardy or Farmer stables.
    The videos show what the man does,not what titles he has won.
    One Shooter One Spaniel One Retriever

Quote Originally Posted by polmaise View Post
    Are we talking about the man's credentials ,or the content of the videos?..You make your choice and you pay the money. What you get is what you get. What you do with it is up to you.
    Frankly,It doesn't matter a jot whether the man made up 1 Ftch ,Or 100.
    It would be the same for any pup you got from Lardy or Farmer stables.
    The videos show what the man does,not what titles he has won.
    Um....it matters quite a jot to a lot of folks. The question is does what HE does, produce champions at HIS game, with HIM driving. Can he play golf, or is the "guru" just a driving range pro? The answer to that question has an awful lot of bearing on whether "what he does" is worth a flip, or worth paying for, you know?

It sounds like he has bred some FTCH's. The question is has he built one or more "from the ground up" using his training method that he is trying to get me to pay cash to view. Jots is Jots, as they say in 'merica.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy