The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Purina Packaging

I have always been a PPP fan but after picking some up ther other day I have fed my last. After tax it was $51 something a bad! I'm feeding 11 big dogs and 12 puppies right now so I'm done with Purina. I'll keep the puppies on it until they go to their new homes but thats it. I switched the big dogs over to River Run made by Nutrena. They are all doing good on it and it's about half the price. I get more stool but it's a good stool.

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Have any of the formulas changed, or is it just the packaging? Is the "Sport" the same as "Performance"?
    I just phoned Purina and asked. I was told the new Pro Plan Sport (All Life Stages) is the same 30/20 Pro Plan Performance formula, just with a new name. No change. I have a Petco coupon for a free bag to use within the next few weeks, so I guess I may be able to compare the old and new bags side by side for myself.

Just bought another bag yesterday...new packaging but formulas the same (performance/sport) and the bag size didn't change...nor price. This was at Fleet Farm.
    "If you have watched a pup learning the game, I do not have to tell you what it is like, and if you have not, I probably can't."- Datus Proper

-----------------------------------------------------

TNT Sailors Lil Hurricane Addie MH ***
    WR Cedars Field Blazing Tucker SH

There are coupons everywhere for Purina feed. I havent paid full price for a bag in over 2 years. Mostly $5 off, but its better then nothing.
    Chad Radt
    HR Wildrose Theodores Lucky Seven MH, "Seven"
    Say Good Night Irene QAA, "Peace"

Fuel the Champion Within, PURINA ProPlan Performance
    TriTronics Dealer

For anyone with multiple dogs (seems like maybe you are supposed to have minimum 3 or 4 but not sure about that) sign up for Purina Pro Club! You save your weight circles and mail them in - they send you back $7 checks to apply to food purchases. I just sent in approx. 9 mos worth of circles (feeding 4 dogs) and will get back (20) $7 checks ($140). When combined with the free bag for each 10 I buy (at Petco), the sale prices which I use to stock up, and occasional other coupons it probably represents at least a 20% saving off normal shelf price. In addition, if you are a breed club member and 'register' with Pro Club for your club - they donate (based on weight circles) toward health and rescue annually. Our (Chesapeake) charitable trust gets approx. $1300 annually, with a matching amount going to AKC Canine Health Foundation on behalf of our club. So in essence I am donating for canine health and rescue by using PPP.

Quote Originally Posted by riskyriver View Post
    For anyone with multiple dogs (seems like maybe you are supposed to have minimum 3 or 4 but not sure about that) sign up for Purina Pro Club! You save your weight circles and mail them in - they send you back $7 checks to apply to food purchases. I just sent in approx. 9 mos worth of circles (feeding 4 dogs) and will get back (20) $7 checks ($140). When combined with the free bag for each 10 I buy (at Petco), the sale prices which I use to stock up, and occasional other coupons it probably represents at least a 20% saving off normal shelf price. In addition, if you are a breed club member and 'register' with Pro Club for your club - they donate (based on weight circles) toward health and rescue annually. Our (Chesapeake) charitable trust gets approx. $1300 annually, with a matching amount going to AKC Canine Health Foundation on behalf of our club. So in essence I am donating for canine health and rescue by using PPP.
    You might want to double check with your local Petco. Ours down here stopped doing the 10 for 1 deal a while back. I dont know if its a regional thing or not, just didn't want you to get burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Seven View Post
    There are coupons everywhere for Purina feed. I havent paid full price for a bag in over 2 years. Mostly $5 off, but its better then nothing.
    Where do you get your coupons at? I have only ever seen $3 for proplan before?

Originally Posted by Lucky Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Zman1001 View Post
    Where do you get your coupons at? I have only ever seen $3 for proplan before?
    Same here but not for Performance, and yes it did go up in price, but same size bag. I will start to buy mine from my Pro for $40.
    Mark

Rebelstar's Two Toes Tappin' *** MH "Casey"
    Trumarc's Thrilla in Manilla "Laila"

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    Never Be The First To Get Old!!!!!

Went back to buy while it was $3 off and they were sold out. I paid for 2 bags to get the sale price $39.98 and the new stock was the new bags.. same stuff.

You can put lipstick on a pig...
    Tony C. Zappia
    www.tonyzappia.com
    FTCH Adirondac Tea for Two WC, ** (Tea), 2009 GRCA National Specialty Derby win, Open Win
    (Fireside) Field of Emeralds (Emme)
    Heads Up Winter Storm Warning (Ice)