RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Dog vomiting and soft stools

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kenneth Niles Bora 
#1 · (Edited)
My black lab pup has been vomiting bile once a day for the past week. He has been eating and acting normal. I have also noticed that his stools are softer than usual, which doesn't surprise me to much since it has been that way his whole life. Solid poop, soft poop, solid, soft.... That sort of thing. I am just curious if I should try a dewormer on him before taking him to the vet and getting a $200 bill?

we also got another puppy who goes to the vet the first time today. Should I give her a dewormer also?

I also want to add they are both on Fromm large breed puppy. I usually put in of his bones in his food dish to slow him down. He currently eats 2 cups am 2 cups pm. When he vomits, it is usually about eight hours after he eats and he gags a little and then bile with a few pieces on soggy food.

This vomiting started after I gave him a little treat of some venison. The next day he had diarrhea so bad in his crate I had to give him a bath, so no venison again.

#2 ·
My lab had the same thing (also on Fromm Large Breed Puppy). We ended up taking him in. They thought it was a bacterial infection of some kind. They gave him something for his stomach (to stop the puking), and then an antibiotic. Cleared everything up and has been fine since.

#3 ·
.... That sort of thing. I am just curious if I should try a dewormer on him before taking him to the vet and getting a $200 bill?

we also got another puppy who goes to the vet the first time today. Should I give her a dewormer also?

personaly I would never de-worm blind, nor would I give the morning I am off to the vet. Bring in a shovel full of poop from each pup. Mark them so you know who is who. Let the vets do the vet stuff and give you a subscription for the issue. Trying to save $$$ by self medicating most always cost more $$$ in the long run. Bring um both in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.