RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Bumper Boy O Rings

7K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  delduckdog 
#1 ·
Is there a place you can find O rings for Bumper Boys other than ordering them through Bumper Boy?

#4 ·
You need to put some plumbers silicone grease on the o rings.

#9 ·
#11's from Lowes and I use Lithium Grease regularly. You can tell when the o-rings need to be replaced. They stretch. If not greased regularly they dry rot and crack too.

I take them off carefully with a small screw driver. If you just cut them off with knife you scratch the shafts.

I don't seem to have problems with my bumper boys like others have stated. But I do all of the listed, plus, before I put the bumpers on each time, I clean them out with a rag wrapped around my heeling stick. Cleans out all the trash, gunpowder, gunk.....I have the old electronics and same servos too. They are 8 shooters used regularly. I am regularly reprimanded by a retired marine about my equipment though. :) His is in perfect condition!

FWIW....

Sue Puff

#10 ·
No matter where you buy the O'Rings they are all the same size. Meaning a #10 at Lowes is the same size as a #10 at Home Depot. They are all industrial sized. Also, maybe look to buy the Viton O'Ring instead of a Buna

#20 ·
Harbor freight. No since paying extra at lowes or home depot when you are gonna replace them anyways. save a dollar or to and go to harbor freight.

#21 ·
Not positive, but ACE Hardware should carry a selection of O-rings as well. And you'll find them faster than the warehouse stores.
I needed to replace one for our kitchen sink stopper (bigger than 1" diameter) and I remember they had quite a selection of sizes. And this was at a small ACE neighborhood store.

Debbie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.