RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Saints are .500 again Franco!! GDG

16K views 87 replies 22 participants last post by  road kill 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
#8 · (Edited)
I don't think that it was him as much as the 49er D Line outclassed the Saints' O line. Add Brees' bad day and it was a failure of our O! However, if they can straighten out the mess that the O line is in then they will sweep the Falcons on Thursday night. Brees is 11 - 2 vs the Falcons since donning the Fleur de Lis so, he pretty much has their number.

I don't think any team in the NFC can stop the 49ers from reaching the SB. Their D is just that good.

#10 ·
NFC is wide open IMHO. Never pick a team with a QB controversy, and in the playoffs never pick a team that doesn't have a very good qb. There have been a couple of times that dominating defenses, 02 Ravens 85 Bears, have carried a team, don't see that type of defense this year.

Cowboys need a new GM regards,

Aaron

#17 ·
Brees 2 Pick 6's is what lost the game. The Weak & Injured 'O-Line' could have withstood.

The defense held them to 17 points and they didn't give up either until the game was over hence the Blocked Kick.

Brees gave them 14 points. I mean 2 50 yd INT Returns !?!? C'mon Man!

I really thought the score was going to be 28-20 Saints. ..... sigh.....freaking Saints.....

Also Eli is a Clutch QB who can be counted on in the 4th Qtr. no matter the situation or score.

Call him whatever you want, but I call that GREAT! The brother got TWO RINGS!

#23 ·
To win in the playoffs you have to be able to put pressure on the QB with your front 4. Your QB cannot make major mistakes. This is why the Cowboys frustrate me so, in the last two years we go into New Orleans beat them when they were undefeated, and last year we beat the 49'ers in overtime, can play so well at times, but others.......WOW. Reason I put we needed a new GM is if we would have signed Brees in 06, wow what could have been!! But we didn't and now here we are with the inconsistent Romo. If DeMarco Murray gets healthy before the end of the year we have a chance, if not.......another bad year in Dallas!

BTW would trade Romo for Eli in a heartbeat! Regards,

Aaron

#32 ·
#35 ·
When will the Falcons get some respect? Ok they flopped in the playoffs. They don't dominate games. But they are 10 and 1. That is not easily done in a league that any team could win any given Sunday. Maybe after they beat the Saints on Thursday but I doubt it. Everyone will pick against them all the way to the Bowl.

Dirty Birds to the Bowl!!!

#37 · (Edited)
When will the Falcons get some respect? Ok they flopped in the playoffs. They don't dominate games. But they are 10 and 1. That is not easily done in a league that any team could win any given Sunday. Maybe after they beat the Saints on Thursday but I doubt it. Everyone will pick against them all the way to the Bowl.

Dirty Birds to the Bowl!!!
Many reasons, where do I begin;)

First, the only tuff teams they've played this season have been the Saints and Bucs and the birds are 1 and 1. They may have the softest schedule in the NFL. They played the Broncos early in the season before the Broncos got it going and the scab Refs gave them that game.

Then, there is their playoff history, Matty Noodle led them to what, 2 points in their last playoff game. Got murdered at home the year before in the playoffs.

And, no one likes a big mouth like Roddy White! Telling the Press that they have the pedigree to go 16 - 0 along with Gonzalez whinning about not getting any respect, can you spell; L O S E R S ?

I was there in 1978 when the rivalry began with the Batkowski Hail Mary to win on the last play and the Grover Klemmer game when the Ref Klemmer made a bad call giving the Dirty Birds the ball at the one on a Pass Interference call with 20 seconds left! We've been in the same freakin Division since 1970 when the Saints were moved out of the Century Division and into the NFC West.

The irony is that the player supposedly interfered with, Falcons WR Billy Rykman, and I currently work together and are friends!

#39 ·
Been with the Birds since the Bartkowski days I can remember the Hail Mary. The Klemmer game must have been before my time. There's not an easy schedule in the NFL especially in the NFC south. I guess these last five weeks will tell the tail, starting on Thursday night. I agree Matt could have a stronger arm but I'll take it. The best we have had in along time. We need a running game. Michael Turner is done in my opinion he's lost some steps.

The streak ends Thursday night.:p

#40 ·
The Hail Mary and Grover Klemmer game were both during the 78 season. I think the Falcons were still playing at Fulton Co Stadium when Ref Grover Klemmer threw a flag for Pass Interference on the last play of the game. It was a 40 yard penalty giving the birds the ball on the one yard line and the win!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.