The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints are .500 again Franco!! GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Homburg View Post

Cowboys need a new GM regards,
    Aaron
    That is only the beginning of their "need" list but it would certainly be a step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Homburg View Post
    NFC is wide open IMHO. Never pick a team with a QB controversy, and in the playoffs never pick a team that doesn't have a very good qb. There have been a couple of times that dominating defenses, 02 Ravens 85 Bears, have carried a team, don't see that type of defense this year.

Cowboys need a new GM regards,

Aaron
    The Giants have won two Super bowls with a very average QB.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Average QB? How did you come to that conclusion?

When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Average QB? How did you come to that conclusion?
    I believe Eli has only once in his life finished in the top ten in QB ratings, for almost his entire carrier he finished mid pack, right now he his 19th which is probably a little below his average rank. I not saying be not a good quarterback, simple saying you don't always have to be among top at your position to succeed, its a team sport.
    Last edited by mngundog; 11-26-2012 at 01:40 PM.

I believe Eli has only once in his life finished in the top ten in QB ratings, for almost his entire carrier he finished mid pack, right now he his 19th which is probably a little below his average rank. I not saying be not a good quarterback, simple saying you don't always have to be among top at your position to succeed, its a team sport.
    QB Ratings have very little to do with how effective a QB is at winning. More important is how they play from behind, in the clutch and do they make positive things happen. I'd say Eli is very much an upper-teer QB!

Also Aaron, the 49ers have more than a great D. This new QB is a major step up from Smith. He is mobile, accurate and makes things happen. Exactly why Harbough has made the switch! No QB controversey with the 49ers, Smith will be somewhere else next season.

I also don't think the NFC is wide open this season. The 49ers and Giants are the cream at the top this season.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-26-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Brees 2 Pick 6's is what lost the game. The Weak & Injured 'O-Line' could have withstood.

The defense held them to 17 points and they didn't give up either until the game was over hence the Blocked Kick.

Brees gave them 14 points. I mean 2 50 yd INT Returns !?!? C'mon Man!

I really thought the score was going to be 28-20 Saints. ..... sigh.....freaking Saints.....

Also Eli is a Clutch QB who can be counted on in the 4th Qtr. no matter the situation or score.

Call him whatever you want, but I call that GREAT! The brother got TWO RINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    QB Ratings have very little to do with how effective a QB is at winning. More important is how they play from behind, in the clutch and do they make positive things happen. I'd say Eli is very much an upper-teer QB!

Also Aaron, the 49ers have more than a great D. This new QB is a major step up from Smith. He is mobile, accurate and makes things happen. Exactly why Harbough has made the switch! No QB controversey with the 49ers, Smith will be somewhere else next season.

I also don't think the NFC is wide open this season. The 49ers and Giants are the cream at the top this season.
    I respectfully disagree, if you check out the QB rankings for almost any of the great QBs in recent years, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton Manning, Brady, how many times do these guys fail to make the top ten? Almost never, as it sits right now: Rogers, Brady, Peyton 1/2/3 with Brees still in the top ten, its not a perfect system and is totally disregards running QB's but year in and year out its pretty accurate. I believe that the "playing from behind", or in the clutch is overrated, Tebow is a great example of this.
    Last edited by mngundog; 11-26-2012 at 02:47 PM.

I respectfully disagree, if you check out the QB rankings for almost any of the great QBs in recent years, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton Manning, Brady, how many times do these guys fail to make the top ten? Almost never, as it sits right now: Rogers, Brady, Peyton 1/2/3 with Brees still in the top ten, its not a perfect system and is totally disregards running QB's but year in and year out its pretty accurate. I believe that the "playing from behind", or in the clutch is overrated, Tebow is a great example of this.
    We shall see My hunch is that when the last 4 teams are standing, that being the Conference Championships, only one of the names you listed will be there! Other than P Manning, I expect to see QB's with names like Flako, Kaepernik, Staub and E Manning.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    We shall see My hunch is that when the last 4 teams are standing, that being the Conference Championships, only one of the names you listed will be there! Other than P Manning, I expect to see QB's with names like Flako, Kaepernik, Staub and E Manning.
    That I will agree on, the best teams will be there, it doesn't take an elite QB to get a team there and farther, nor can the best QB carry a team on his own game in and game out.