The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints are .500 again Franco!! GDG

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I wasn't trying to compare Eli with Tebow, I was talking about quarterbacks being clutch, I don't believe you can discount 90% of the game and evaluate what a player does in the last 6 minutes, that's all.
    But Eli plays great the whole game as well as the last six minutes. I guess elite means something different to each of us. I think Eli is elite you don't, it's not like the winner of this argument gets to have his definition printed in the Oxford Dictionary.

.......another bad year in Dallas!
    Ain't it great?!
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

So...

...you can't be Elite until you win some Championships and Superbowl's...

...but you can win multiple Championships and Superbowl's and still not be Elite....

Got it....

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I don't believe Romo or Eli are great, I also wouldn't consider Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Matt Hastlebeck, Jake Delhomme, or Kerry Collins "great qb's although everyone of them led their teams to a Super bowl.
    Again I ask what do all those qbs you reference have in common? Again the same thing as Favorite.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

When will the Falcons get some respect? Ok they flopped in the playoffs. They don't dominate games. But they are 10 and 1. That is not easily done in a league that any team could win any given Sunday. Maybe after they beat the Saints on Thursday but I doubt it. Everyone will pick against them all the way to the Bowl.

Dirty Birds to the Bowl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    Ain't it great?!
    Oh shut up Howard.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by DannyJ View Post
    When will the Falcons get some respect? Ok they flopped in the playoffs. They don't dominate games. But they are 10 and 1. That is not easily done in a league that any team could win any given Sunday. Maybe after they beat the Saints on Thursday but I doubt it. Everyone will pick against them all the way to the Bowl.

Many reasons, where do I begin

First, the only tuff teams they've played this season have been the Saints and Bucs and the birds are 1 and 1. They may have the softest schedule in the NFL. They played the Broncos early in the season before the Broncos got it going and the scab Refs gave them that game.

Then, there is their playoff history, Matty Noodle led them to what, 2 points in their last playoff game. Got murdered at home the year before in the playoffs.

And, no one likes a big mouth like Roddy White! Telling the Press that they have the pedigree to go 16 - 0 along with Gonzalez whinning about not getting any respect, can you spell; L O S E R S ?

I was there in 1978 when the rivalry began with the Batkowski Hail Mary to win on the last play and the Grover Klemmer game when the Ref Klemmer made a bad call giving the Dirty Birds the ball at the one on a Pass Interference call with 20 seconds left! We've been in the same freakin Division since 1970 when the Saints were moved out of the Century Division and into the NFC West.

The irony is that the player supposedly interfered with, Falcons WR Billy Rykman, and I currently work together and are friends!
    Last edited by Franco; 11-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Thy Saints lose to Atlanta? This guy here.

Been with the Birds since the Bartkowski days I can remember the Hail Mary. The Klemmer game must have been before my time. There's not an easy schedule in the NFL especially in the NFC south. I guess these last five weeks will tell the tail, starting on Thursday night. I agree Matt could have a stronger arm but I'll take it. The best we have had in along time. We need a running game. Michael Turner is done in my opinion he's lost some steps.

The streak ends Thursday night.

Been with the Birds since the Bartkowski days I can remember the Hail Mary. The Klemmer game must have been before my time. There's not an easy schedule in the NFL especially in the NFC south. I guess these last five weeks will tell the tail, starting on Thursday night. I agree Matt could have a stronger arm but I'll take it. The best we have had in along time. We need a running game. Michael Turner is done in my opinion he's lost some steps.

The streak ends Thursday night.

The Hail Mary and Grover Klemmer game were both during the 78 season. I think the Falcons were still playing at Fulton Co Stadium when Ref Grover Klemmer threw a flag for Pass Interference on the last play of the game. It was a 40 yard penalty giving the birds the ball on the one yard line and the win!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson