The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Saints are .500 again Franco!! GDG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Did not watch the game...kinda sad that Brees TD streak has come to an end...I know that records are made to be broken, but somehow IMO this one wont be..couldnt think of a better guy to hold it than DB
    Tom Brady is only 10 games behind and should break the record by mid-season next year.

Drew had an off night but, the Saints O Tackles have to be the worst and have been exposed over these last two games. Saints' O outgained the Falcons by 150 yards and were 7 of 14 on 3rd down. Falcons were 1 of 11 of 3rd down. Ryan was only 18 of 35 for 165 yards. The difference in the game was the Falcons D line vs the Saints O line. Interesting comment of the NFL Network after the game saying that this was the Falcons' Super Bowl. Maybe, maybe not.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

It was a fun game to watch for those of us who don't love or hate either team. It never ceases to amaze me on how momentum plays in football. At one point Atlanta looked unstoppable and was close to going ahaed 21-0, then their offense stalled, their runners who were smoking the Saints O-line were now being stopped for no gain and Ryan coudn't complete a pass. At the same time NO's offense came alive and appeared unstoppable. As they marched down the field at the end of the first half I really thought NO was going to win the game, then Brees blows it by throwing that checkdown and the half ends before he can get a play off, so no points. I really thought that was the play of the game. If they had even scored a field goal there, I think they would have gone on to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Tom Brady is only 10 games behind and should break the record by mid-season next year.

Drew had an off night but, the Saints O Tackles have to be the worst and have been exposed over these last two games. Saints' O outgained the Falcons by 150 yards and were 7 of 14 on 3rd down. Falcons were 1 of 11 of 3rd down. Ryan was only 18 of 35 for 165 yards. The difference in the game was the Falcons D line vs the Saints O line. Interesting comment of the NFL Network after the game saying that this was the Falcons' Super Bowl. Maybe, maybe not.
    Only one stat counts at the end of the game.
    Bill Davis

Look like the Dirty Birds are folding being as they've clinched their Play-Off Berth

wow Franco, this game at my Giants is a good one. I was thinking blow out but here at end of 3rd its only 27 - 42
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Look like the Dirty Birds are folding being as they've clinched their Play-Off Berth
    Saints fan talking smack? Now that's funny.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Saints fan talking smack? Now that's funny.
    Comprehension Fail.

It's a simple statement of the obvious. Falcons have no reason to play their guts out, they've clinched their Division and don't have a perfect record to keep up so might as well go half throttle which is what they did today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Comprehension Fail.

It's a simple statement of the obvious. Falcons have no reason to play their guts out, they've clinched their Division and don't have a perfect record to keep up so might as well go half throttle which is what they did today.
    Original point fail. If it was so obvious what you were trying to say I might have understood it.

But what is the Saints excuse this week?
    Bill Davis

Original point fail. If it was so obvious what you were trying to say I might have understood it.

But what is the Saints excuse this week?
    lol You can make something out of nothing all you want, just don't expect everyone else to read your mind. I can't comment on your ability or lack there of to understand plainly written statements.

Excuse or Reason? Can you take a logical discussion about it without turning it around? if so here's a try.

No Defense and 4 Turnovers and the Giants are a much better more consistent team.That's pretty much the reason/excuse of why they lose this game.

....But what is the Saints excuse this week?
    special teams looked a bit weak, they could work on that.
    and in the past they always beat my Giants late in the year.
    so I was expecting the worst. Happy Happy Joy Joy!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin