The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If top 5% paid 40% of taxes, what is their 'fair' share?

Default If top 5% paid 40% of taxes, what is their 'fair' share?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/examin...rticle/2513985

http://tinyurl.com/cy4l6b6

Opinion: Editorials

Riding a wave of confidence after his re-election victory, President Obama is eager to collect scalps from the class war he appears to have won. Americans, Obama said in his postelection news conference earlier this month, "want to make sure that middle-class folks aren't bearing the entire burden and sacrifice when it comes to some of these big challenges. They expect that folks at the top are doing their fair share as well." House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., echoed this point in a fundraising pitch sent out on Monday: "Voters sent a clear message to Republicans in the election: we must stand up for the middle class and ensure the wealthy pay their fair share."

Although Obama and his fellow Democrats repeatedly call on wealthier Americans to pay their "fair share," they never specify what percentage of the nation's tax burden the wealthy would have to bear. As matters stand, the top 1 percent of American households paid 39 percent of income taxes in 2009, according to the most recent data compiled by the Congressional Budget Office, and the top 5 percent of taxpayers paid 64 percent.

- more -
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

It doesn't matter what they pay.
    It won't change a thing.
    Obama knows that.
    It was all a scam to get the little guy to hate the FAT CAT!!!
    Class envy.....Obama's war on "the man!!"

It was all about VOTES.....bottom line.
    Stan b & Elvis

My candidate, who has ridden off into the sunset, suggested that if we lived by The Constitution that we would not be paying any Federal Income Tax! He was widely rejected and thus I expect taxes to rise for everyone.

The American voter has demonstrated over and over that they like working for the Federal Government and are opposed to having the Feds work for the people!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

He bought votes and will always win because all the people that screw the actual taxpayer are the majority.
    He can go to double hockey sticks and take his darn leaches with him!!! I'm sick of paying his leaches way.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Let me add may that idiot rot in H*ll and take his leaches with him.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    You say he bought votes by making promises. True. Tell me, did Romney make promises to his monetary supporters? That is a simple yes or no question. You are a business owner. Do you have employees? If so, do you consider them "leeches" or an asset to your business?

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    You are a business owner. Do you have employees? If so, do you consider them "leeches" or an asset to your business?

Seems a bit of a non sequitur to me. Also, one really can't compare folks who work in the private sector with govt workers.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Nice Christian attitude..............
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Rotting in hell is certainly a christian idea (although as I understand it, hell might be a dry heat, which could possibly forestall rot).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Seems a bit of a non sequitur to me. Also, one really can't compare folks who work in the private sector with govt workers.
    Seems to me that anybody that "expects" to get paid is a leech in her post. Has shown disdain for people with kids in the past too.
    I am also waiting on the response as to whether Romney made promises, a.k.a tried to buy votes. Bunch of sore losers that need to get over it and move on.
    Last edited by murral stark; 11-25-2012 at 08:35 PM.