The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: If top 5% paid 40% of taxes, what is their 'fair' share?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    That's a great line I know I recently read it, where again did you copy it from? the daily sheeple right? Another one of UB's highly valued resource.
    Hey look, on other posts we have already come to the conclusion you have yet to reach 5th grade level, but like a dimwit, you continue to get into the foray as if you have something to offer. You can't even take your own advice:
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...n-coming/page3 #26

Please stop attempting to sound educated...it's just not working. Just stick with what you are capable of...being a Minnesota lefty.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Hey look, on other posts we have already come to the conclusion you have yet to reach 5th grade level, but like a dimwit, you continue to get into the foray as if you have something to offer. You can't even take your own advice:
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...n-coming/page3 #26

Please stop attempting to sound educated...it's just not working. Just stick with what you are capable of...being a Minnesota lefty.

UB
    Yep, I just found it, you took it from The Daily Sheeple, nice try again.

Yep, I just found it, you took it from The Daily Sheeple, nice try again.
    Gundog: Hey, just see if you can find a nice lace trimmed crying towel and ship it to UB. He is just not over the fact that he lost another election. He hasn't figured out that ornery and mean is what cost the GOPpers the election.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Perhaps in employ, but not in treatment or perception by this administration!
    Would the Wizard of Wisconscin care to enlighten us with a list comparing & contrasting the treatment of our troops by this administration with their treatment by the last administration?

Please dont try to post up previously posted stories by UB about things such as how he changed military funerals. Try to stick to facts

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Gundog: Hey, just see if you can find a nice lace trimmed crying towel and ship it to UB. He is just not over the fact that he lost another election. He hasn't figured out that ornery and mean is what cost the GOPpers the election.
    To be honest Zeus I have to keep that towel for myself, I lost on just about every candidate and issue I voted for: Romney (although he was a very weak candidate), and yes on the two amendments to name a few, however I did write in two candidates and they actually won. I guess the difference between me and most of the Conservatives on this board is I don't buy into every conspiracy theory Rush or Fox puts out and I don't defend an individual just because he has the same political beliefs as me.
    Last edited by mngundog; 11-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I'm sure that you have heard the old adage about assuming. That aside, I was not saying or even implying that civil servants are in any way inferior or not as worthy as those in the private sector. My point is that the comparison is simply not a valid one. When was the last time that you heard of a civil servant (and especially at the federal level) worrying about losing his job because his employer was going to be unable to make payroll? The public sector simply doesn't have the same market pressures driving it that the private sector does. In general there is no competition, and often little real accountability. When was the last time you heard about any real "downsizing" in the govt workforce? It certainly appears to me that a civil service job is a job for life unless one commits some truly egregious infraction. Being inefficient and spending too much of the "employer's" money seldom seems to be cause for dismissal. In the private sector, if I own a business and run it poorly, I suffer the consequences (as could my employees). In the public sector, if the managers are inefficient and run things poorly, it is the client that suffers the most (usually without an alternative for the service provided). I have plenty of friends that are educators, county agents, federal law enforcement, and military, and all are good honest, hardworking folks, but their jobs are much more secure than mine, my wife's, my brother's, or any of the folks I know in the private sector. So, I'll stand by my position that you really can't compare them.

I will also say that I'm pretty sure that the OP was referring to the real takers (those on straight up welfare) when using the term leaches, even if some wanted to interpret it as all who receive government checks.

Very well stated..if the government is supposed to be working for us, then why are they getting paid more for performing the same position as one in the private sector? In addition they are also receiving a lifetime pension.... If they are working for US the people and WE are THEIR bosses why is it so? Shouldn't we the people be deciding and voting on their pensions and or terms of those pensions? There are appointees and non government people that vote for there own pensions internally, without a public vote... WE are now working FOR the government, they are not working for us.

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Would the Wizard of Wisconscin care to enlighten us with a list comparing & contrasting the treatment of our troops by this administration with their treatment by the last administration?

Please dont try to post up previously posted stories by UB about things such as how he changed military funerals. Try to stick to facts
    I like that, very clever.

Note; It's actually the Wizard of Wisconsin!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I guess the difference between me and most of the Conservatives on this board is I don't buy into every conspiracy theory Rush or Fox puts out and I don't defend an individual just because he has the same political beliefs as me.
    So you know for sure that statement is correct . It would be wonderful to be as prescient as yourself . TBS what about those folks who don't listen to the radio nor watch TV other than sports. As for defending others, what makes you believe that is the reason. As for your voting pattern, your postings do not indicate that is true. But it's gotta be great to be Ms Wonderful.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeff evans View Post
    Very well stated..if the government is supposed to be working for us, then why are they getting paid more for performing the same position as one in the private sector? In addition they are also receiving a lifetime pension.... If they are working for US the people and WE are THEIR bosses why is it so? Shouldn't we the people be deciding and voting on their pensions and or terms of those pensions? There are appointees and non government people that vote for there own pensions internally, without a public vote... WE are now working FOR the government, they are not working for us.
    Well said Jeff. Also, why are they in charge of SS? They don't contribute. Why not put someone in charge who has something to lose or win based on the success or failure?

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    So you know for sure that statement is correct . It would be wonderful to be as prescient as yourself . TBS what about those folks who don't listen to the radio nor watch TV other than sports. As for defending others, what makes you believe that is the reason. As for your voting pattern, your postings do not indicate that is true. But it's gotta be great to be Ms Wonderful.
    Marvin, I'm pretty sure that I have said on here at least 10 times that I was going to vote for Romney and I know I NEVER said I would vote for Obama, it seems that most believe they have to defend every Republican candidate regardless to be called a conservative I do not. I will admit that I drift across the lines on one key issue and that is unions, I don't see them as the heart of all evil, I believe there are some good and some bad to be had from them. Romney drifted across the line in gun control, does that make him a Democrat? The other problem probably is I don't fall into all the hype, FoxNews finds a pic of Obama holding a bat while talking on the phone, Fox runs with that for a week talking about the hidden meaning behind the bat and the phone and that carries over to the forum, I myself seen it as a guy holding a bat while talking of the phone and a bunch of guys with there panties in a bunch over nothing, to some because I can't buy into their conspiracies makes me a lefty..........whatever floats your boat I guess. Yes, I would imagine it is great being married to me, I'll start calling my wife Ms Wonderful today.
    Last edited by mngundog; 11-27-2012 at 09:49 AM.