The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If top 5% paid 40% of taxes, what is their 'fair' share?

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Huge difference. UB frequently posts things that are completely made up and incorrect at their core. What some would call a bald faced LIE
    You are going to compare that to a ROUNDING ERROR?
    I was taught in grade school that rounding fractions up or down was acceptable for ease of reference and other purposes. Sometimes that can result in the sum of the parts being greater or lesser than the whole. 102% is well within the realm of possibility with a graph with this many segments

UB on the other hand posts stuff that insults your intelligence it is so whacky.
    For instance if he posted up a graph like this it would have some ridiculous premise such as the top wage earners or taxpayers only have1% of the wealth, while they carry 50% of the tax burden. Or if he had a "rounding error" it may make the sum of the parts equal 300 or 400% of the whole

Now if you have some info of substance that says the figures quoted in this chart are grossly inaccurate please share those figures and your sources with us

I wont be holding my breath for you to make any post with substantive knowledge or information, because past experience with you shows that that really ISNT HOW YOU ROLL!!

just sayin.........
    You come with that all by your self? Good job!
    Bill Davis

Anybody wonder how they GOT that wealth? Do you suppose some of them actually WORKED, a foreign concept to a lot of Americans these days....

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
    Anybody wonder how they GOT that wealth? Do you suppose some of them actually WORKED, a foreign concept to a lot of Americans these days....
    You mean it didn't come from Obama's STASH??
    Bill Davis

that would be the 47%, not the top 5%....

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You mean it didn't come from Obama's STASH??

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Huge difference. UB frequently posts things that are completely made up and incorrect at their core. What some would call a bald faced LIE
    You are going to compare that to a ROUNDING ERROR?
    I was taught in grade school that rounding fractions up or down was acceptable for ease of reference and other purposes. Sometimes that can result in the sum of the parts being greater or lesser than the whole. 102% is well within the realm of possibility with a graph with this many segments

UB on the other hand posts stuff that insults your intelligence it is so whacky.
    For instance if he posted up a graph like this it would have some ridiculous premise such as the top wage earners or taxpayers only have1% of the wealth, while they carry 50% of the tax burden. Or if he had a "rounding error" it may make the sum of the parts equal 300 or 400% of the whole
    rationalization; the second strongest human drive!

Now if you have some info of substance that says the figures quoted in this chart are grossly inaccurate please share those figures and your sources with us

I wont be holding my breath for you to make any post with substantive knowledge or information, because past experience with you shows that that really ISNT HOW YOU ROLL!!

just sayin.........
    Often imitated, never duplicated.....
    Isn't that sweet.
    You really are a nice person, aren't you?

You know nothing about how I roll, you just HATE my politics.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post

Well, for any in the top 10% who are there as the first generation, yes, I imagine that they did work for it, but one does wonder how some who work attain such peaks while others who seemingly work just as hard, just as much, doing jobs that are just a worthy, just get by. Interestingly, I was just reading an article about psychopathy and how many who become "captains of industry" have characteristics that put them fairly high in the psychopath spectrum. Lots of narcissists in that group.

I don't think that I begrudge the small business owner that becomes a millionaire (or multi-millionaire) or the engineer or chemist etc. Nor do I begrudge the innovator who takes a big risk and becomes as rich as Croesus. I think I have a lot of respect for the working man who manages to save his money, and invests wisely and gets rich. (pretty much begrudge lawyers every penny they get). I think where I begin to have some disgust is when I see people with "salaries" in the millions per year. I just can't help it. If I own stock in that company, I'm wondering if maybe they couldn't raise my dividend just a bit.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post

#1) Iterestingly, I was just reading an article about psychopathy and how many who become "captains of industry" have characteristics that put them fairly high in the psychopath spectrum. Lots of narcissists in that group.

#2) I think where I begin to have some disgust is when I see people with "salaries" in the millions per year. I just can't help it. If I own stock in that company, I'm wondering if maybe they couldn't raise my dividend just a bit.

Item #1: My dad was just talking to me about this. Can you give me a link so I can read the whole thing for myself?

Item #2: This is one thing that amazes me about those who are bothered by a government worker making a good living providing services, but the CEO making several hundred million $$$ doesn't register on their disgust meter. In this day and age, most of us rely on investing in an IRA or 401K for our retirement security, so we all have "skin" in the game...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Item #2: This is one thing that amazes me about those who are bothered by a government employee making a good living providing services, but the CEO making several hundred million $$$ doesn't register on their disgust meter. In this day and age, most of us rely on investing in an IRA or 401K for our retirement security, so we all have "skin" in the game...
    The average salary for government employees is a little over 60% higher in this state than the average real worker . One cannot even begin to compare the benefit portion in any terms but if someone wants to argue it I'll be glad to oblige .

As for the CEO's you have a vote as most of us who own stock do, my "NO" vote is registered but does not reach the 1/2 way mark as yet. I do what I can & send e-mails to those columnist who either are for or against these obscene CEO salaries as I do to my reps who are not fiscally cautious.

How many Government employee retirement funds made money from Romney's stint @ Bain Capital? For you lefties, that should be food for thought .

But I do believe the ability to write off any portion of the interest on a second home should be stopped, along with other benefits not available nor normally exercised by the normal working class. In fact, while we are at it let's make congress a part of all laws enacted .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Well, for any in the top 10% who are there as the first generation, yes, I imagine that they did work for it, but one does wonder how some who work attain such peaks while others who seemingly work just as hard, just as much, doing jobs that are just a worthy, just get by. Interestingly, I was just reading an article about psychopathy and how many who become "captains of industry" have characteristics that put them fairly high in the psychopath spectrum. Lots of narcissists in that group.

I don't think that I begrudge the small business owner that becomes a millionaire (or multi-millionaire) or the engineer or chemist etc. Nor do I begrudge the innovator who takes a big risk and becomes as rich as Croesus. I think I have a lot of respect for the working man who manages to save his money, and invests wisely and gets rich. (pretty much begrudge lawyers every penny they get). I think where I begin to have some disgust is when I see people with "salaries" in the millions per year. I just can't help it. If I own stock in that company, I'm wondering if maybe they couldn't raise my dividend just a bit.
    I too would like to read that. I have seen the phenomenon in action and would like to see a documented discussion of it. As far as how they earn that wealth, try hostile takeovers, asset liquidation, toxic investments, offshoring, reinvestment of profit into private pockets, etc. Where are the real innovators and creators?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Guys, I didn't think to keep track of it. I believe it was on CNN.com and the headline was something like "Are You a Psychopath?". The main point was that there is a spectrum to psychopathy just as there is for many mental "disorders" and as there are many functioning folks that exhibit traits indicative of autism, so are there varying degrees of psychopathy. Now I wish I had bookmarked it, but it is probably searchable.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com