The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Our "Lord and Savior"

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    Umm... there is a critique to be made about the stupidity of the comment (I mean... the Foxx comment, not necessarily... well... you know... whatever.) Then there is the political critique that has been well hashed out here. But there is a religious element to all this that is simultaneously obvious and studiously ignored. Very much the t*rd in the punchbowl so to speak.

Go with me here for a minute. I'm going to try and put some intense feelings into words and I may not be very successful. Here goes:

There are folks who are devoutly Christian. They have a deep and abiding passion for One they believe is God-made-flesh who was born into poverty, lived among us, died a death he didn't deserve in order to redeem people whose only recommendation was their hatred and enmity toward Him and His Father.

WHAT have they (these believers) done to this comedian, that he should hijack their devotion and call for it to be applied to a finite and fallible human being? How has THE Lord and Savior so offended Foxx that he should demand worship of his favorite politician with praise that belongs only to God?

Why blaspheme God and ridicule Christians? Why?

So, I guess I'm saying that this man's idiocy was a deliberate effort to profoundly offend Christians. I don't know if folks who are not particularly Christian would feel offense on our behalf. I sort of hope they would just as I hope our society at large has not gone as seriously off kilter as it sometimes seems.

(As an aside: Curiously, Mr. Foxx didn't slip up and proclaim his favorite politician to be Allah or Allah's Prophet. Hmmm. Wonder how come?)
    Can you imagine the outrage from Muslims and "incremental secular progressives??"

The Wizard of Wisconsin
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    ....I do believe there are female versions of Murral though ! ....
    Holy Snikies!!!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    People only "know" me here and have drawn conclusions that I am a bad person. If you ever met me and didn't know my name, you'd have a different impression of me. I am typically a happy go lucky guy. My ex inlaws still welcome me into their home any time, because I make them laugh. No matter how bad their day is going, I can always cheer them up.
    Ah, but Murral it is so much fun to tease you. You rise to the bait so well. Actually at times you remind me of one of the grandson-in-laws and he suits my grandaughter very well.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Thank God I only have boys and they only come here with white females.I don't give a hoot what anyone else does.

No need to look any further when you have good looking french women around

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    No need to look any further when you have good looking french women around
    yeah......with those hairy armpits! yummmmmy!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    Umm... there is a critique to be made about the stupidity of the comment (I mean... the Foxx comment, not necessarily... well... you know... whatever.) Then there is the political critique that has been well hashed out here. But there is a religious element to all this that is simultaneously obvious and studiously ignored. Very much the t*rd in the punchbowl so to speak.

Go with me here for a minute. I'm going to try and put some intense feelings into words and I may not be very successful. Here goes:

There are folks who are devoutly Christian. They have a deep and abiding passion for One they believe is God-made-flesh who was born into poverty, lived among us, died a death he didn't deserve in order to redeem people whose only recommendation was their hatred and enmity toward Him and His Father.

WHAT have they (these believers) done to this comedian, that he should hijack their devotion and call for it to be applied to a finite and fallible human being? How has THE Lord and Savior so offended Foxx that he should demand worship of his favorite politician with praise that belongs only to God?

Why blaspheme God and ridicule Christians? Why?

So, I guess I'm saying that this man's idiocy was a deliberate effort to profoundly offend Christians. I don't know if folks who are not particularly Christian would feel offense on our behalf. I sort of hope they would just as I hope our society at large has not gone as seriously off kilter as it sometimes seems.

(As an aside: Curiously, Mr. Foxx didn't slip up and proclaim his favorite politician to be Allah or Allah's Prophet. Hmmm. Wonder how come?)

I have to say again that it is entirely possible that this is much ado about nothing. We only saw a tiny part of the routine. I have seen some of his routines and I think that it is absolutely possible that it was a total send up of the Obama toadies. (OK all you who voted for him, not everyone who voted for him is a toady, some are just cognitively challenged ). We didn't see enough of the routine to judge where he was going or whether it was going to be something that Christians should find offensive. I think it is very likely that he was making a point, making fun of the Obama worshipers. I would like to see the rest of that riff.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    yeah......with those hairy armpits! yummmmmy!
    hahahahahahaaaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have to say again that it is entirely possible that this is much ado about nothing. We only saw a tiny part of the routine. I have seen some of his routines and I think that it is absolutely possible that it was a total send up of the Obama toadies. (OK all you who voted for him, not everyone who voted for him is a toady, some are just cognitively challenged ). We didn't see enough of the routine to judge where he was going or whether it was going to be something that Christians should find offensive. I think it is very likely that he was making a point, making fun of the Obama worshipers. I would like to see the rest of that riff.
    You can find the whole routine in about 30 seconds on YouTube
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You can find the whole routine in about 30 seconds on YouTube
    Maybe you can, but I haven't been able to find it yet. All I can find is various pundits expressing their outrage and showing the same short clip that was posted here. I want to see the entire riff before passing judgement.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com