The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Our "Lord and Savior"

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Maybe you can, but I haven't been able to find it yet. All I can find is various pundits expressing their outrage and showing the same short clip that was posted here. I want to see the entire riff before passing judgement.
    I found one over 1:20 long and the BS part was the first thing out of his mouth when he came on the stage. There is no parsing it. No joke. No misunderstanding. He said what he said. Point blank.
    Last edited by huntinman; 11-27-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I found one over 1:20 long and the BS part was the first thing out of his mouth when he came on the stage. There is no parsing it. No joke. No misunderstanding. He said what he said. Point blank.
    Here is another man's perspective

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=uFRNwhZGQ7E
    Bill Davis

I read the title of this thread skipped the rest and I am posting "Who the hell gives a damn what an actor has to say?"
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I read the title of this thread skipped the rest and I am posting "Who the hell gives a damn what an actor has to say?"
    That's probably the better point.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I know that was the first thing out of his mouth (or assumed so). I'm interested in what he said after that. If it didn't go on to become obvious satire, then I agree, a very poor choice on his part.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

This is not the first time Obama has been controversially compared to Jesus. Most recently, actor Jamie Foxx drew flak when a pre-recorded BET special began with his exhorting the Soul Train Awards crowd to "give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama."
    Perhaps unsurprisingly, Donohue was even less amused by Foxx's comments.
    “Foxx’s epiphany is startling,” Donahue said in a statement. “It just goes to show that even though Obama did not succeed in stopping the oceans from rising (as he promised to do in 2008), he did succeed in convincing Jamie Foxx, and no doubt legions of others, that God exists. Whether God can survive an ACLU lawsuit accusing him of violating church and state grounds remains to be seen.”
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I agree with you but what scares me is his crowd probly does listen to what he says