Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas?

Default Christmas?

Should it be a Federal Holiday?

This discussion has come up recently.
    Should be a great topic here!
    Stan b & Elvis

So Rush brought it up?

Sinners like Christmas....its mainly about greed these days...so why would the non-christians want to do away with it?

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    So Rush brought it up?

Sinners like Christmas....its mainly about greed these days...so why would the non-christians want to do away with it?
    I do not listen to Rush.
    Do you?

Or did you ASSUME????????
    Stan b & Elvis

Sounds like something he would say. Nobody christian or non-christian would ever want to do away with christmas....too much money made because of it.

Sounds like something he would say. (so you assumed?) Nobody christian or non-christian would ever want to do away with christmas....too much money made because of it.
    Alan Colmes wants it gone as a federal holiday.
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm kind of on the same page in that the freeways are jammed everyday with folks shopping. I like giving my thanks on Thanksgiving...our Christmas has turned into a material one....and the country has forgotten the real meaning of Christmas

I'm kind of on the same page in that the freeways are jammed everyday with folks shopping. I like giving my thanks on Thanksgiving...our Christmas has turned into a material one....and the country has forgotten the real meaning of Christmas
    That is just 1 of many things the country has forgotten.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That is just 1 of many things the country has forgotten.
    In my earlier years, I might get a Xmas present & then again I might not - the little tricycle with ballon tires @4 that I rode around my grandparents kitchen table on 2 wheels, the little red wagon @ 7 that I could scoot around in or the BB gun @ 9 that made me a real sparrow killer . The reason I remember them all so well as that is all that I ever got as a child. To this day I don't believe I missed out on much, as I had a haymow to play in on snowy days, the fresh breath of the animals in the barn on cold days & the sweet smell of the hay & later corn silage being fed to them.

I really enjoy giving Thanks & enjoy very much the holidays with all the meal planning - I believe it a luxury to be able to plan to eat what one wants during the holidays . Turkey & stuffing at Thanksgiving & Ham for Xmas with the family present, what more could one ask for?

It teaches one good values subtly !!!!!!!!!

Should Veterans day be a holiday - most who get the day off are non-veterans!!!!!!
    Last edited by Marvin S; 11-28-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Marvin, reading what you wrote is true and most forget that. I used to always think I got good presents, I also always thought I missed out on a lot. Looking back I know how much i really had. I also now know how much my parents sacrificed to give those presents to me. I was also always reminding of the reason for the holiday, and more often reminded that it wasn't about gifts or a day off.

It does not matter if it is a federal holiday or not, the vast majority of people would still not be at work.

How about we worry about columbus day, and MLK day before we worry about Christmas.

Oh and Marvin I can't believe you used Xmas instead of Christmas
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Oh and Marvin I can't believe you used Xmas instead of Christmas
    Jason, I have my lazy moments, does not change what I believe .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!