The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to piss off everybody....

Default How to piss off everybody....

I recently deleted a thread I started here based on the advise of another poster . I gave time for input from others. Only one suggested I let it stand. Then they attacked me for my deletion.
    I've been out of the loop for most of today.
    After dinner I logged on to review the more recent posts. If I used the word "virulent" in my previous post let me now state that it was way to gentle after viewing the recent posts on this first page.
    "Be civil, or be banned" is not what we see.
    I've been here for a while. I remember civil discourse and genuine disagreement between parties, but that is not what we enjoy today.

Deleting a thread that has gone astray is something more OP's should consider. My JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I too feel that at least some seem to find civility illusive. As I have always said, first one to call "stupidhead" loses.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I too feel that at least some seem to find civility illusive. As I have always said, first one to call "stupidhead" loses.
    So, if one started a thread under the premise that everyone who disagrees with your unstated position is "virulent," would that be tantamount to "stupidhead?"

Just askin'................
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Deleting a thread that has gone astray is something more OP's should consider. My JD

well.... at times
    sometimes folk start a thread with the intent to slam folk. but once the "huddled masses" start typing it will morf into something way cool that the OP never planned and WE ALL learn from.
    Murral's "$5 words" thread comes to mind.
    Other times folk start a thread and when all the responces are opposit of what the OP wanted they turn tail and run.
    Personaly I love it when folk learn and grow and positions or opinioins they HAD evolve because of our potus conversations.
    BUT....
    when folk just turn tail and run I often think "what a weenie"
    If your gonna type it have the backbone to back it or the moral fortitude to admit you are changing your mind.
    Admiting you were not quite correct is cool, taking your ball and running away. Kinda wuss like. In my opinion.

BTW I did not see the thread of what you speak at all. So, no clue on the topic or anything.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I'm surprised you haven't deleted this one yet...
    Bill Davis

I sometimes like to voice my own opinion on such threads BUT when folks start attacking me personaly then "I'm out".
    It's NOT worth it. I don't need some ahole attacking my character.
    Typing here without seeing a person's face is so ooooooooooooo much easier isn't it for cowards.
    "If" someone can change my mine Go for it. I'm game.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Hugh, you are right, it has gotten nasty 'round here. Some of it I let pass by because I do not attack sick old men. Some of it I let pass by because I do not think ignorance is intentional. Some of it I let pass by because I understand bitter old people that have failed in a personal quest. Some of it I let pass by because you can not reason with arrogance. And lastly, some of it I let pass by because.......YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!! Now I wonder how many nasty pm's i will get because people decide it was them I was talking about?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Hugh, you are right, it has gotten nasty 'round here. Some of it I let pass by because I do not attack sick old men. Some of it I let pass by because I do not think ignorance is intentional. Some of it I let pass by because I understand bitter old people that have failed in a personal quest. Some of it I let pass by because you can not reason with arrogance. And lastly, some of it I let pass by because.......YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!! Now I wonder how many nasty pm's i will get because people decide it was them I was talking about?
    Gawd, I wish I had thunk of all that!!!

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

.... Now I wonder how many nasty pm's i will get because people decide it was them I was talking about?
    My guess would be none. And speaking of nasty, your post leaves a lot to be desired.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

You talkin bout me Willis?