The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: How to piss off everybody....

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Hugh, you are right, it has gotten nasty 'round here. Some of it I let pass by because I do not attack sick old men. Some of it I let pass by because I do not think ignorance is intentional. Some of it I let pass by because I understand bitter old people that have failed in a personal quest. Some of it I let pass by because you can not reason with arrogance. And lastly, some of it I let pass by because.......YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!! Now I wonder how many nasty pm's i will get because people decide it was them I was talking about?
    So, what did you just do? Again, what do you do for a living? You are correct ..........It's tough to fix stupid when it's a self improvement project .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  2. #12
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    876

    Default

    So JDogger let's get this straight, you typed a post on here in which you referred to individuals with right wing philosophy as "virulent" in an attempt to start civil discourse. Are you kidding or what? You knew (or at least should have been smart enough to know) that using an adjective such as virulent would get such a reaction. So either you're not as smart as you think or you're not telling the truth. Either way it doesn't matter to me but come on you are smarter than that aren't you?

  3. #13
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    so jdogger let's get this straight, you typed a post on here in which you referred to individuals with right wing philosophy as "virulent" in an attempt to start civil discourse. Are you kidding or what? You knew (or at least should have been smart enough to know) that using an adjective such as virulent would get such a reaction. So either you're not as smart as you think or you're not telling the truth. Either way it doesn't matter to me but come on you are smarter than that aren't you?
    BAM!!!!!


    Head shot!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #14
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,306

    Default

    Thanks for proving my point there, Whiz!
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #15
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Thanks for proving my point there, Whiz! its "WIZ," you leftys are having spelling issues lately
    More hate and anger from you JD??
    A personal insult, I'm shocked.

    What valuable content you added.
    Point???

    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 11-27-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  6. #16
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    876

    Default

    JDogger, what exactly was your point? No, not with your response to roadkill's post but your rationale for using such inflamatory language as virulent then pretending to have no idea why you get called on it. Is it your limited mental capacity or stretching of the truth? Please explain. I can't speak for roadkill but as I see it his colorful use of the English langauge and visual imagery is "spot on".

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    JDogger, what exactly was your point? No, not with your response to roadkill's post but your rationale for using such inflamatory language as virulent then pretending to have no idea why you get called on it. Is it your limited mental capacity or stretching of the truth? Please explain. I can't speak for roadkill but as I see it his colorful use of the English langauge and visual imagery is "spot on".
    Probably the same reasons UB uses the same type of language against the people are the left.

  8. #18
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    876

    Default

    If memory serves me correct, UB is often vilified for his use of this type of language by the same people who do likewise then sit in judgement of him. Just saying.

  9. #19
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So, if one started a thread under the premise that everyone who disagrees with your unstated position is "virulent," would that be tantamount to "stupidhead?"


    Just askin'................
    I don't remember (or perhaps didn't see) the initial post, so can't really answer your question, however, either I don't know what virulent means (and that's really unlikely) or I'm just missing something here. I would consider virulent a perfectly good adjective. " ________ _________ seems to harbor a virulent hatred for XXXXXXXXXXX" for instance. Or "The virulence of his dislike of boiled peanuts was obvious to all". One might even go as far as to say "The virulence of his opinions often taints his ability to press home his point." I see nothing particulary offensive or even uncivil in any of those.
    Last edited by HPL; 11-28-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't deleted this one yet...
    Can you put together more than one sentence at a time? Or,will you go into a meltdown if you have to say more than one liners in succession? LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •