The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If Thomas Jefferson Were Alive Today

[QUOTE=menmon;1038259]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ......most of the founding fathers were not christians........

Oh? what religions did they follow?
    OR, how narrow is your definition?
    were the pilgrams Christian? How about the Quakers, Shakers, Calvinists????

they werent Wicken now were they
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

thats a Menmon quote not a Pete quote
    My computer must be a Universalist!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

They were deist. Believing in god but not religious.

and witch God ????

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    and witch God ????
    "The One God!!"
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    "The One God!!"

SSShhhhh Stan! I am a leadin' this horse to the water. Lets see if I can make him drink !

There are equally as many pro mason websites as there are anti mason....obviously you chose the anti one. Does not surprise me
    You will find this to be true in any walk of life. Whether you are discussing politics,religion, or selling plastic widgets at the 5 and dime. There will always be someone that says yes it is ,or ,no it's not concerning the same subject.
    I run most of what I have learned in life through a biblical filter. because I believe it to be absolute truth that doesn't change. and the bible covers a great multiple of sciences
    Some peoples base lines are Socrates ,Obama, this religion ,that religion,, you name it people come at things from different perspectives in life. And that helps formulate their opinions.

If things don't contradict what I have learned in life then I consider them plausible. May be it is or may be it isn't . That sort of thing.
    It interesting to study how the systems of the world operate from a biblical point of view and be able to see things develop in my day and time. I'm not saying the Illuminati is. I'm saying may be it is and may be it isn't
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    and witch God ????
    Ken, I think you meant "which" God. Unless you are into a whole 'nother thing here. In "which" case I think you are talkin' bout "wiccans" not wickens! Now, having been the spelling marm for a minute, just think how many things may have gone awry in the Bible due to all the translations. It is a great book. But I never will take it literally, because we do not know what it says.....literally.

As far as TJ goes, he was just a brilliant man with an eye to the big chance. All he had to do was steal the big available land mass from the indians, and bring his slaves with him to tame it. Ta Da! Can you imagine one of our current politicians having the forethought, wit, planning ability and people skills necessary to launch the Lewis and Clark expedition?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

[QUOTE=2tall;1038336]Ken, I think you meant "which" God. Unless you are into a whole 'nother thing here. In "which" case I think you are talkin' bout "wiccans" not wickens! Now, having been the spelling marm for a minute, just think how many things may have gone awry in the Bible due to all the translations. It is a great book. But I never will take it literally, because we do not know what it says.....literally.

As far as TJ goes, he was just a brilliant man with an eye to the big chance. All he had to do was steal the big available land mass from the indians, and bring his slaves with him to tame it. Ta Da! Can you imagine one of our current politicians having the forethought, wit, planning ability and people skills necessary to launch the Lewis and Clark expedition?[/QUOTE]

Even if one was smart enough to do that, they would never get by all of the environmental impact studies required of such an imposition on the environment.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    They were deist. Believing in god but not religious.
    More correctly, they believed in a god of nature but not the Christian God nor that Jesus was a god or son of a god.

Most of the early colonist were of one Christian sect or another. Deist were generally found among the men of higher education and were student/children of The Enlightenment. Men such as; Jefferson, Paine, Adams and to a lesser extent Washington. Washington vasilated between Deism and Christianity.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.