The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: If Thomas Jefferson Were Alive Today

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Ken, I think you meant "which" God. Unless you are into a whole 'nother thing here. In "which" case I think you are talkin' bout "wiccans" not wickens! Now, having been the spelling marm for a minute, just think how many things may have gone awry in the Bible due to all the translations. It is a great book. But I never will take it literally, because we do not know what it says.....literally.

As far as TJ goes, he was just a brilliant man with an eye to the big chance. All he had to do was steal the big available land mass from the indians, and bring his slaves with him to tame it. Ta Da! Can you imagine one of our current politicians having the forethought, wit, planning ability and people skills necessary to launch the Lewis and Clark expedition?
    More accurately, be purchased that land from Napoleon including the home the General had built but never lived in, on the corner of Charter and Conti. Today, one of my favorite bars.

At that time, the island of Haiti was much more valuable to the French than the N American wilderness. The reason the French Fleet's Carribean Port was located in Haiti and not New Orleans was because of the value of sugar!
    Last edited by Franco; 11-28-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned

As far as TJ goes, he was just a brilliant man with an eye to the big chance. All he had to do was steal the big available land mass from the indians, and bring his slaves with him to tame it. Ta Da!
    Steal from the Indians? Come on now......that is bunk.

Its called CONQUESTS.....The Indians did it, the Africans did it, EVERYONE did it. Same with Slavery. Please, get over it and get on with it. The "early Americans" didn't invent either. They used what was available for the time and place and did what everyone else during the time did.

WRL

http://vigilantcitizen.com
    Speaking of napolian men like Stalin , Marx,,George Washington napolian and ,any more posed with their hand hidden in their coat

I do believe Marx Stalin Napolian had their feet in secret societies. Reminds me of the little rascals secret hand shake. Washington may have flirted with it to. It doesn't mean they were bad. Some time people don't really know what their doing is destructive. All those serial killers were really nice. Just ask their neighbors Who knows what lurks in the hearts and minds of people.
    Its not normal for people to want to rule over each other.
    oopps the link didn't work all the way.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Ken, I think you meant "which" God.
    nope it was a "New England" poke.
    branching off....
    for quite a few years now my Dad has let the feller who lives next door to him go up to our family deer camp on the vernal and atumnal equinox and and winter solstice. He and his friends are Druid and it seems, in Vermont anyway ther are not many places left to dance naked round a bonfire!! Talk about "Got That Old Time Religion!!!" And they are wonderfull folks and always split a big pile of wood for us after and totaly clean up after themself.

but I digress

so Menmon, your horse aint thirsty??
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken, I think you meant "which" God.
    Ah geeze. How thin is that air in NM?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    More correctly, they believed in a god of nature but not the Christian God nor that Jesus was a god or son of a god.

Most of the early colonist were of one Christian sect or another. Deist were generally found among the men of higher education and were student/children of The Enlightenment. Men such as; Jefferson, Paine, Adams and to a lesser extent Washington. Washington vasilated between Deism and Christianity.
    So why is it that Ben Franklin, for example who was also on the 5 man committee along with Jefferson to draft the declaration of independence was raised an Episcopalian and was a founding member of the protestant Church of Boston ( of all places) and purchased (as many wealthy folk did) his own pew?
    BTW I have taken the tour and sat upon it.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    So why is it that Ben Franklin, for example who was also on the 5 man committee along with Jefferson to draft the declaration of independence was raised an Episcopalian and was a founding member of the protestant Church of Boston ( of all places) and purchased (as many wealthy folk did) his own pew?
    That's just Franco's way of telling us he is really intelligent because he's a non- believer.
    Bill Davis

[QUOTEThe reason I brought it up was to highlight most of the founding fathers were not christians. Not to imply that christianity is wrong just that Jefferson would have looked at the republican party very differently.][/QUOTE]

That's not so. There were 50 somethin framers of the constitution and forty somethin were christian. I remember that . it was on the history channel not UFOTV (smiley face)
    Also thanks for correcting my 1776 goof up.

Kennedy had a false flag sitting on his desk ,It was about the Cuban missile crises. There is an audible of John F defying the powers that be ,,,, Pretty interesting stuff. There is a 2 and a half hour fact finding movie. about the Illuminati,,,,,,, they mention that in there.

Grassy knoll regards.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Where did I say "all" were Deist? Earlier in the thread I did say "most influential". Who was more influential than Jefferson, Adams and Paine? Paine's "Common Sense" was the most read publication of that time.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-29-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

we need an RTF dentist 'cause I feel like I'm pullin' teeth here.