The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If Thomas Jefferson Were Alive Today

His personal life would probably make the front pages, would guess that on one side he would be called a sexual predator of the slaves on his plantation, and the other side would claim that he never had sex with that women...that scandal alone probably disqualify him as a viable and reliable voice
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    As a graduate of Mr. Jefferson's Academical Village, I can say with certainty he would most certainly not be a Democrat!
    Aw come on Julie.
    ROTFL
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

He balanced the budget by cutting defense spending to nothing...he actually disassembled the navy and sold the lumber and nails to get out of debt. No republican would stand for that. This actually almost got us in trouble because the war of 1812 started and we had no navy. What saved us is that england and france were at war.

Furthermore, he was a man that believed in tolorance. As most of the founding fathers he came here to get away from oppression. In God We Trust and The ALL Seeing Eye on the Dollar is masonic not from the new testiment. He and the others wanted a country were men could have freedom to pray to God the way they wanted to...not the way the king did. Their intentions were to give freedom and liberty to all men as they knew it in that time, and if they were living today, they would be seeking the same for men today.

During that time, slaves were viewed as property and women were suppose to be submessive to their husband. They knew nothing different, but if they were asked to write the rule book today, they would have written it to be fair to all.
    Last edited by menmon; 11-27-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    His personal life would probably make the front pages, would guess that on one side he would be called a sexual predator of the slaves on his plantation, and the other side would claim that he never had sex with that women...that scandal alone probably disqualify him as a viable and reliable voice
    Or "qualify" him, depending on party affiliation!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    He balanced the budget by cutting defense spending to nothing...he actually disassembled the navy and sold the lumber and nails to get out of debt. No republican would stand for that. This actually almost got us in trouble because the war of 1812 started and we had no navy. What saved us is that england and france were at war.

Furthermore, he was a man that believed in tolorance. As most of the founding fathers he came here to get away from oppression. In God We Trust and The ALL Seeing Eye on the Dollar is masonic not from the new testiment. He and the others wanted a country were men could have freedom to pray to God the way they wanted to...not the way the king did. Their intentions were to give freedom and liberty to all men as they knew it in that time, and if they were living today, they would be seeking the same for men today.

During that time, slaves were viewed as property and women were suppose to be submessive to their husband. They knew nothing different, but if they were asked to write the rule book today, they would have written it to be fair to all.
    The "In God We Trust" wasn't added to our currency until the 1950's by Pres. Eisenhower.

The all seeing eye has seveal speculations as to the reason it appears on our currency. One thought is that since several of our Founding Fathers were Deist and children of The Enlightement that they also had to be Illuminatti. I doubt that they were Illuminatti but don't doubt that they were heavily influenced by The Enlightenment. The Mosonic "eye" has its origins in the Illuminatti.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

.... the war of 1812 started and we had no navy.

"Privateers" in New England and on the great lakes were runnin' British blockades with ease.
    While our brothers in arms to the south let them burn our capital.
    No Navy.... two words... "Old Ironsides".....
    Great Britan had to re-fit a number of heavy ships 'cause of that one little boat.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    "Privateers" in New England and on the great lakes were runnin' British blockades with ease.
    While our brothers in arms to the south let them burn our capital.
    No Navy.... two words... "Old Ironsides".....
    Great Britan had to re-fit a number of heavy ships 'cause of that one little boat.
    Good response to my post....I brought up In God We Trust and The All Seeing Eye. To make the point that the constitution was written for all men of all faiths and backgrounds. Jefferson would have not accepted this republican party, because it is not tolarant of men.

we agree, see post #3
    I am just taking your history of the second war of the revolution, to task.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Good response to my post....I brought up In God We Trust and The All Seeing Eye. To make the point that the constitution was written for all men of all faiths and backgrounds. Jefferson would have not accepted this republican party, because it is not tolarant of men.
    Please list the "men" the Republican party is not tolerant of...............
    Stan b & Elvis

does that looser slimeball in that judge Judy vid, free money count as a "Man"?
    oh wait... I figgered that one out on my own