The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: If Thomas Jefferson Were Alive Today

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You are a bricklayer?
    You might say so

He is know as the "Great Architect of the Universe" not Christ, not to say Christ is not the Architect of the Universe, but to say there is a Master of us all and how you refer to him or worship him is between you and God. There are three great lights in masonary and one of them is the Bible...that bible can be the tora, the karan, the holy bible, etc.

my great light or rule and guide is the Holy Bible but another mans can be the karan

As someone who has studied masonary for a long time, the thinking behind the constitution was based on sound proven principals of masonary. Masonary is not a religion but it is based on sound moral principals of how men should live and it has stood the test of time. These men had seen how relgion had been used against men and didn't want it to happen in America. This is not to say they were not men of God, but men that knew that religion would destroy our liberty and freedom if given the opportunity.
    Here is where my head scratching begins.
    If I worship The almighty one way,,,and lets say someone worships mother nature and calls it the almighty,,,and some one worships Lucifer and calls him the almighty,, and someone worships a golden calf and calls it god,,,,,, and ect. x over 6000 now Then why come up with the word "idolatry"
    If they are all the same just different ways of giving worshiping the same god,,,,, then why on earth is there so much written about it in the bible and who ever came up with the word idolatry any way, it can't exist as a concept..

when some one dies does the family come up with their own interpretation of the will ,,, or does some one who has legal knowledge go over the legalities of it.

Lets at least try to get it right for Gods sake. MHO

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Christians are not the only ones that don't like adultry. The old testiment that belongs to the jews in their tora. I'm sure muslims have a problem with it too.

The rule and guide is the holy bible but does not have to be. The Pope turned on the Templars who were the protectors of the holy land. Why because some king did not want pay them the money he owed. This is where you got the skull and bones that someone mention before, because once proud men had to go underground because of the lies of the Pope. Some of these Templars became pirates.

See there is a lot more to the story than is in the Bible. No saying the Bible is not true...just there is more if you want to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here is where my head scratching begins.
    If I worship The almighty one way,,,and lets say someone worships mother nature and calls it the almighty,,,and some one worships Lucifer and calls him the almighty,, and someone worships a golden calf and calls it god,,,,,, and ect. x over 6000 now Then why come up with the word "idolatry"
    If they are all the same just different ways of giving worshiping the same god,,,,, then why on earth is there so much written about it in the bible and who ever came up with the word idolatry any way, it can't exist as a concept..

when some one dies does the family come up with their own interpretation of the will ,,, or does some one who has legal knowledge go over the legalities of it.

Lets at least try to get it right for Gods sake. MHO

Pete
    Man has always worshipped idols. They erected statutes of how they saw thier gods and paid their homage.
    It was the only concept ancient man could comprehend. One of my favorite stautes is of the Greek god Prometheus, who created man from clay then stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mankind. For the theft, Zeus bound him to a huge rock and allowed vultures to eat a small piece of his liver daily as punishment so as to live in pain for all eternity for mankind.

Back to Thomas Jefferson.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-29-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Christians are not the only ones that don't like adultry.
    A whole lot of them seem to like it.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

I will contend that if you do not know much about God,,,then will you build the idols.
    I will admit that its tough for man to not give in to idolatry,,,,its the nature of body and soul.
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 11-29-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Just joining the discussion now.
    As far as Jefferson with the Declaration, he wrote the original document that was then revised by the committee--he was upset with the changes. He had denounced slavery in his original version, but in order for Southern states to agree to signing it, that portion was struck out. Read below if interested in his original wording.

Some of the Founding Fathers were deist--they believed that God was part of existence but they did not tie God to a specific religion so they were often mistaken in current times to be atheist. At this time, philosophically, the idea was still that "God" existed--not necessarily a Christian God, but a spiritual being that was part of human existence.
    he [the king of Britain] has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating it’s most sacred rights of life & liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating & carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither. this piratical warfare, the opprobrium of infidel powers, is the warfare of the CHRISTIAN king of Great Britain. determined to keep open a market where MEN should be bought & sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or to restrain this execrable commerce: and that this assemblage of horrors might want no fact of distinguished die, he is now exciting those very people to rise in arms among us, and to purchase that liberty of which he has deprived them, by murdering the people upon whom he also obtruded them; thus paying off former crimes committed against the liberties of one people, with crimes which he urges them to commit against the lives of another.
    Benita Otterness
    Thunderstruck Retrievers
    www.thunderstruckretrievers.com

Topbrass Forman Bound and Thunderstruck***JH "Forman"
    Thunderstruck Like None Otter***MH WCX "Otter"
    Saturday Night Goldtop Baileys Comet SH WCX "Bailey"
    Firemark Thunderstruck by Misty May WCX "Misty"
    Topbrass Forget the Rest "Dreya"
    Thunderstruck's Black Ice "Lisa"
    Storm Warnings Hometown Girl Thunderstruck "Lowry"

Quote Originally Posted by BOtterness View Post
    Just joining the discussion now.
    As far as Jefferson with the Declaration, he wrote the original document that was then revised by the committee--he was upset with the changes. He had denounced slavery in his original version, but in order for Southern states to agree to signing it, that portion was struck out. Read below if interested in his original wording.

Some of the Founding Fathers were deist--they believed that God was part of existence but they did not tie God to a specific religion so they were often mistaken in current times to be atheist. At this time, philosophically, the idea was still that "God" existed--not necessarily a Christian God, but a spiritual being that was part of human existence.
    he [the king of Britain] has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating it’s most sacred rights of life & liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating & carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither. this piratical warfare, the opprobrium of infidel powers, is the warfare of the CHRISTIAN king of Great Britain. determined to keep open a market where MEN should be bought & sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or to restrain this execrable commerce: and that this assemblage of horrors might want no fact of distinguished die, he is now exciting those very people to rise in arms among us, and to purchase that liberty of which he has deprived them, by murdering the people upon whom he also obtruded them; thus paying off former crimes committed against the liberties of one people, with crimes which he urges them to commit against the lives of another.
    Which I have always found interesting considering he also owned hundreds of slaves and had a couple babies with Sally Hemings. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Which I have always found interesting considering he also owned hundreds of slaves and had a couple babies with Sally Hemings. lol
    Do I remember correctly that Sally was a relative of his deceased wife ? Half sister or niece perhaps ?
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~