The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smear

Default Smear

I want to call some attention to today's politics. Here are a few examples of where accusations were made and later proved to be false, but by the time the truth was known, folk stopped listening. And each and every time, the subject just changed to a new smear attempt with no one saying, I'm sorry...I had this wrong. There is so much of this coming from the right that most people don't buy it anyway.

Fast and Furious

Death Panels

Bengazi (sp?)

And many others

These folks need to be held accountable but also need to be given credit when they get it right, but they don't need to be smeared with lies for political gain.

I am not sure I understand... We still don't know all the FACTS about the three examples you gave.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

In relation to the Fast and Furious it seems that no one is denying that we let guns go to Mexico and Americans died because of it, how has that been proved false?

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I want to call some attention to today's politics. Here are a few examples of where accusations were made and later proved to be false, but by the time the truth was known, folk stopped listening. And each and every time, the subject just changed to a new smear attempt with no one saying, I'm sorry...I had this wrong. There is so much of this coming from the right that most people don't buy it anyway.

Fast and Furious

Death Panels

Bengazi (sp?)

And many others

These folks need to be held accountable but also need to be given credit when they get it right, but they don't need to be smeared with lies for political gain.
    I would like to point out that I have commented on this in the past.
    "Death Panels" already exist.

When they sit you down and tell you the patient is on "pallative care," your insurance then ceases to pay for treatment.
    At least in my case it went that way.

The difference now is that it may be controlled by bureaucrats.

As far as the rest of your topics, I don't think any of those things have been answered satisfactorily or finally.
    The last chapters have not yet been written.
    Last edited by road kill; 11-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Wait, memmon are you actually talking about smear tactics and facts? The problem is you seem to be under the impression that facts can change as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    I am not sure I understand... We still don't know all the FACTS about the three examples you gave.

We are learning the facts on this one, but it seems that Fox News cut the interview really short once they started coming out. But this is the root of it all:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/egbertowillies/8222250864/

Also pay particular attention to the comment under the video.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-27-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I'm talking about the politicizing of events without the facts. Here is a hot topic...a federal officer dies...lets smear the AG to make hay. An ambassador gets killed so lets smear Susan Rice to make hay without know all the fact....let say there are death panels in the healthcare bill...to scare old folks. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about....may not want to admit it...but if you don't know what I'm talking about please refer to Murrals post on stupidity.

How long has Fast and furious been going on?

Who has been held responsible?

How long should we wait for these "facts"?

Long enough until everyone forgets and it fades into the sunset?

Menmon, you're not really wanting to open a discussion on stupidity are you? Isn't it funny how you only bring up topics that in your mind indicate smear tactics committed by the Republican party? It's almost laughable.

No a sting operation...one of many that orginated when this AG was not in office resulted in an officer losing his life and the right has tried to tag this AG and this administration with it to make political hay. These folks that fight these battles know the risk. So he was killed with a gun that was sold to them in a sting operation....if it had not been that gun it would have been another gun....but you guys saw this as an opportunity. Don't feed me this BS that the died officer is your concern.