The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheeeee...won't this be fun????

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Frankly my fine man, I don't give a rip either way. I will do what I have to do to survive. Until they put a lock on the gate of my place of employment, I'll keep going to work every day and do the best job possible. I have said many times in life and on here. I worry about the things that I have direct control over. If I have no control over it, I don't worry about it. BTW, I heard that in a church sermon a long time ago and have held to it ever since.
    This is why I fear for the future of my children.

You do have control over the decisions that are made. Contact your Congressmen, tell them what you want, and if that doesn't work, do your best to get them the heck out of Washington. "They" only have control if we allow "them" to.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post

You do have control over the decisions that are made. Contact your Congressmen, tell them what you want, and if that doesn't work, do your best to get them the heck out of Washington. "They" only have control if we allow "them" to.
    Do you honestly believe that one little voice to a congressman is going to get any attention. They are worried about taking care of themselves. They care about us about as much as a pimple on an elephant's behind. They are worried what their fellow politicians in their respective party think of them. They don't worry about us. That goes for both parties.

Murral, I understand the prosses of only controling the things you can and turning the rest over to god. But voting to committ physicall suicide seems to me to be a little like putting your head in the sand so you can say I have no control over anything like my vote.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

I believe that my one voice times thousands of other constituents makes all the difference. Your indifference is the problem, frankly.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Banned

I believe that my one voice times thousands of other constituents makes all the difference. Your indifference is the problem, frankly.
    You put way more faith in the political process than I do. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post
    Murral, I understand the prosses of only controling the things you can and turning the rest over to god. But voting to committ physicall suicide seems to me to be a little like putting your head in the sand so you can say I have no control over anything like my vote.
    Point taken. Like I said earlier that I am just becoming politically aware of things. Maybe someday I will see the light, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll just keep coming here and arguing and trying to learn something.

Good post ! Bingo. We all better care about these things and work on getting some control. I guess some people can't understand that though.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Interesting cartoon.

The way I see it is the Captian of the ship is a Democrat and the folks steering it are Republicans!

How can anyone point the finger at the other party? In the last election campaign, the incumbent is talking about increasing the debt by 7 TRILLION over 10 years and the opposition is talking about increasing the debit by only 5 TRILLION over 10 years!!! And, you know that politicians are going to low ball so reality is at least double those figures.

Both promised job creation as a way out but, that is not realisitc to the extent of getting anywhere near retiring the deficit. We live in not only an automated world but where exporting jobs has become the norm. Those promises sounded good but, nothing more than mere pie in the sky.

The problem is that not only can we not keep up with entitlements but, we have way too many people. And, our population is growing by over 2,000,000 annually. Both from legal and illegal migration. Reagan and Bush were both the worst in handling illegal immigration and the Dems are the worse about legal immigration. So, if the ship is sinking, it is because there are too many people onboard.

So, pointing fingers at each other is useless. Whether we care to admit it or not, we now work for the government and that is why we are broke.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-28-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Ask your buddy Buffett, he knows what is safe for the time being. He has been selling off consumer product stocks like JNJ and P&G for a while now, and increasing his interests in oil.

While he is giving Obama a pat on the rump, it sounds to me like he is preparing for a plunge. Actions speak louder than words.
    I admit that I don't know much about investing but I would think that if you expect a plunge, stocks like P&G might be your best bet. They make stuff people buy regardless. Oil on the other hand will tank with a plunge in the economy and soar with a strong economy. It is very volatile while P&G is not so much. And they pay a reasonable dividend. Too bad that Buffett isn't my buddy, I could use a friend like him.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Point taken. Like I said earlier that I am just becoming politically aware of things. Maybe someday I will see the light, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll just keep coming here and arguing and trying to learn something.
    You already know what you have to say. Maybe you would learn more if you just listened (IE read) for a while. Just a thought...

Old Fart regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth