The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone know this feller and his golden retriever??

Question anyone know this feller and his golden retriever??

going through the photos just now I found this very nice snapshot. I know it was taken in Maine at a NAHRA Field Test. It was at a upland hunting guide place but I cannot remember the year. The place only held a NAHRA test that one year. And I cannot remember the name of the place ether. But it is a great old photo, if we could get it back to the person in it that would be cool.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    going through the photos just now I found this very nice snapshot. I know it was taken in Maine at a NAHRA Field Test. It was at a upland hunting guide place but I cannot remember the year. The place only held a NAHRA test that one year. And I cannot remember the name of the place ether. But it is a great old photo, if we could get it back to the person in it that would be cool.

Wouldn't swear to it but it kinda looks like Phil Heye.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Ed Friedman, and "Allie", lives in Bowdoin, Maine? I have his contact information, email address...will find it and come back to this post.

Someone else might have it as well.
    Last edited by Judy Chute; 11-28-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Resembles Phil.... too grey IMO

I think it's Helpy Helperson and his dog Sistant. That's what I always pictured them looking like, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chute View Post
    Ed Friedman, and "Allie", lives in Bowdoin, Maine? I have his contact information, email address...will find it and come back to this post.

Someone else might have it as well.
    Think he use to come down to the hunt tests on Long Island years ago.
    Nice man too
    Even I remember him and that is something....
    Hope he is well

Yup, that's Ed. Haven't seen him in a couple years.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Yup, that's Ed. Haven't seen him in a couple years.-Paul
    very cool, this is an old enough photo that the dog I was running has passed on. if anyone knows how to send him this very old photo it would be cool.
    BTW the "Girl" who owned this place may have had a name that starts with D and the place itself was named silver.... something. (i hate my memory) it was a come, stay and go hunting type of place. In Maine. But NOT the Bog????
    I miss running tests in the bog. anybody still train there since Kenny passed away?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Hey Ken, it was Denise Murtchison. She opened the place after she moved up from New Jersey. I had wanted to go to that test at the time, but it was a 10 hour plus drive and I just couldn't fit it in the schedule. I'm glad that she's still in business and hopefully doing well. http://www.silvertonsportingranch.com/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Housman View Post
    Hey Ken, it was Denise Murtchisonl. http://www.silvertonsportingranch.com/index.htm

YES! that was it!