The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone know this feller and his golden retriever??

Ken, You are not alone with that memory crap! Cleo and I both have it, only we hope it is not at the same time. I bought a light switch the other day and neighter one of us can find it now. Happens with spelling , too. Bill
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Housman View Post
    Hey Ken, it was Denise Murtchison. She opened the place after she moved up from New Jersey. I had wanted to go to that test at the time, but it was a 10 hour plus drive and I just couldn't fit it in the schedule. I'm glad that she's still in business and hopefully doing well. http://www.silvertonsportingranch.com/index.htm
    I spent a week in one of the cabins this September for 2 back/back field trials. I was there with my pro and about 12 dogs. what a very cool place. Looking forward to going back there.

Chris
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Hey, Ken! Fred thinks he has this photo of he and Allie. She is 13 years old and still going Still loves her birds, retrieving her bumpers and walks with Ed.

A friend (Golden person at that!) in the mid-west? I think he said and RTF person contacted him yesterday to let him know about this thread.

Said he has never read RTF so I am not sure that he will look at this but..just to let you know your effort did not go to waste! A great photo and fun to see yesterday. Don't throw it away..just in case!

Judy
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

PHRC held a HT at Denise's a couple of years ago. Great to have new grounds to test on..it was fun. And, yes, it is great to see her doing well and at what she enjoys so!

Chris....MRFTC should list Silverton as a place to stay on their premiums! Will forward to trial secretary for both HT and FT's..
    Last edited by Judy Chute; 11-29-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

I saw this thread yesterday and sent Ed the link to check and see if it was indeed him. (I must be the Golden person in the mid-west) I have Allie's littermate, also still going strong, although he's on his own program now, since he can't hear me. Since most of the pictures Ed has sent me over the years just have Allie in them, I wasn't quite sure it was Ed, or a stunt double, until I checked with him.
    The Two Dog Deli- "You can't run a good dog on a bad lunch"
    HRCH UH "Riley" 1500 Club
    HRCH UH "Maverick" 500 Club
    HRCH UH "Indy" MH 500 Club

this turned out very cool!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    this turned out very cool!
    Guess there is no excaping..
    Good find,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Never forget, the dog world (or family) is a very small and close knit bunch. News travels, good or bad, very quickly. It is nice to be in a family like this. Bill
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'

Hey Ken was that one of those picnic trails I see their running the dogs off a picnic table
    HRCH Dallys Wild Willow SH Born 11-06-97 Left Us 1-30-12 will always be in my thoughts RIP Willow

Great looking pooch! Thanks for posting!!
    Goldens Rule !!!