RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

anyone know this feller and his golden retriever??

7K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  John McKellop 
#1 ·
going through the photos just now I found this very nice snapshot. I know it was taken in Maine at a NAHRA Field Test. It was at a upland hunting guide place but I cannot remember the year. The place only held a NAHRA test that one year. And I cannot remember the name of the place ether. But it is a great old photo, if we could get it back to the person in it that would be cool.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Ed Friedman, and "Allie", lives in Bowdoin, Maine? I have his contact information, email address...will find it and come back to this post.

Someone else might have it as well.

#8 ·
very cool, this is an old enough photo that the dog I was running has passed on. if anyone knows how to send him this very old photo it would be cool.
BTW the "Girl" who owned this place may have had a name that starts with D and the place itself was named silver.... something. (i hate my memory) it was a come, stay and go hunting type of place. In Maine. But NOT the Bog????
I miss running tests in the bog. anybody still train there since Kenny passed away?

#9 ·
Hey Ken, it was Denise Murtchison. She opened the place after she moved up from New Jersey. I had wanted to go to that test at the time, but it was a 10 hour plus drive and I just couldn't fit it in the schedule. I'm glad that she's still in business and hopefully doing well. http://www.silvertonsportingranch.com/index.htm

#11 ·
Ken, You are not alone with that memory crap! Cleo and I both have it, only we hope it is not at the same time. I bought a light switch the other day and neighter one of us can find it now. Happens with spelling , too. Bill

#13 ·
Hey, Ken! Fred thinks he has this photo of he and Allie. She is 13 years old and still going :) Still loves her birds, retrieving her bumpers and walks with Ed.

A friend (Golden person at that!) in the mid-west? I think he said and RTF person contacted him yesterday to let him know about this thread.

Said he has never read RTF so I am not sure that he will look at this but..just to let you know your effort did not go to waste! A great photo and fun to see yesterday. Don't throw it away..just in case!

Judy

#14 · (Edited)
PHRC held a HT at Denise's a couple of years ago. Great to have new grounds to test on..it was fun. And, yes, it is great to see her doing well and at what she enjoys so!

Chris....MRFTC should list Silverton as a place to stay on their premiums! Will forward to trial secretary for both HT and FT's..

#15 ·
I saw this thread yesterday and sent Ed the link to check and see if it was indeed him. (I must be the Golden person in the mid-west) I have Allie's littermate, also still going strong, although he's on his own program now, since he can't hear me. Since most of the pictures Ed has sent me over the years just have Allie in them, I wasn't quite sure it was Ed, or a stunt double, until I checked with him.

#22 · (Edited)
Nice to meet you, "(I must be the Golden person in the mid-west)"...aka..John! Ed said that Allie just won a Ducks Unlimited event! (hope I have this right..memory stuff going on here, too :( ...) Said that she is 99.9% without hearing, and sight is good at 50 yards. But, she lined the blind in the event :) ..and got to her birds which were further than her sight but just keep running..LOL

Who is your Avatar? gorgeous.

See if you can convince Ed to take a look at this thread!!..a nice one..and with Becky posting as well!

Judy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.