The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "The devil is in the details"...

Default "The devil is in the details"...

...just another 'old' adage that keeps becoming more relative each day Obamacare's mandates become better known. What makes it all so much fun is when it is so ironic, as it begins to be implemented in the blue states.

For our POTUS members in Minnesoooota...get ready to grab your ankles.

UB

Things aren’t going so hot. The State of Minnesota just announced that their exchange has already exceeded cost estimates by 35% before it’s even implemented, and the cost to taxpayers is expected to rise another 18% in the first year after implementation.

ST. PAUL, Minn.
    — Minnesota’s state health insurance exchange will cost $54 million in 2015 to operate, according to the Gov. Mark Dayton administration.

The cost comes in at greater than earlier estimates of $30 to $40 million. The state would not have to find the money until 2015, when the state exchanges are required to be financially self-sustaining. But the cost rises to a projected $64 million in 2016. State officials are still weighing how the exchange will pay for itself. Options include user fees, a sin tax, and selling ads.

The exchange, a cornerstone of the federal health care overhaul, will create an insurance marketplace where consumers and small businesses can comparison shop for health insurance policies starting in October of next year. Coverage would take effect in 2014.
    The exchanges have always been a bad deal for states. They are “are an accounting trick designed to make ObamaCare look like less of a strain on the federal budget, shuffling billions of dollars in costs off Washington’s books and into state capitals,” writes John Hayward in Human Events.

Let the federal government bear the cost of implementing this folly, not the states.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I had started a thread a while back about the fact that if the States did not set up an exchange, then the Feds could do so for the states. However, an oversight in the writing of the law was that there was no funding for such Fed exchanges. Some states that were not setting up exchanges were focusing on that loophole.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

We always knew that this law would cost a whole lot more than we were being told it would cost. It's the way of central planning historically.

Not only does it cost something to insure millions more people for many more "conditions" than has been the norm, on top of that there is the incredibly huge bureaucratic cost to do so.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

"We have to pass the bill to see whats in it". And the beat goes on. "We are all in this together". "Those of us that are a little more fortunate should pay a little more in taxes". PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE can some one stop the bleeding? Those that voted for this need to pay for it! I didn't and don't want to. If we are all in this together where do I send my bills.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post
    "We have to pass the bill to see whats in it". And the beat goes on. "We are all in this together". "Those of us that are a little more fortunate should pay a little more in taxes". PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE can some one stop the bleeding? Those that voted for this need to pay for it! I didn't and don't want to. If we are all in this together where do I send my bills.
    I usually send my bills to the address listed at the top of the bill. There's usually something on there that tells you where to mail it to. There's been a misconception played on the american people for a long time. It has been said that "there are 2 things that you have to do in life. Pay taxes and die." That is false, because the only thing you have to do is die. If you don't want to pay taxes, don't. Now you folks will say, " Yea, then the government puts you in jail for tax evasion."
    WRONG ANSWER! The "government" doesn't put you in jail for not paying taxes. You are put in jail by a jury of your peers. If everybody that gets called for jury duty would find the defendants charged with tax evasion not guilty, the problem is solved. So when a person gets convicted of tax evasion, it's not the government, rather it's people on the jury. Until we can get a panel of jurors to aquit everybody for tax evasion, I guess we have to pay taxes or roll the dice and hope for a good jury.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I usually send my bills to the address listed at the top of the bill. There's usually something on there that tells you where to mail it to. There's been a misconception played on the american people for a long time. It has been said that "there are 2 things that you have to do in life. Pay taxes and die." That is false, because the only thing you have to do is die. If you don't want to pay taxes, don't. Now you folks will say, " Yea, then the government puts you in jail for tax evasion."
    WRONG ANSWER! The "government" doesn't put you in jail for not paying taxes. You are put in jail by a jury of your peers. If everybody that gets called for jury duty would find the defendants charged with tax evasion not guilty, the problem is solved. So when a person gets convicted of tax evasion, it's not the government, rather it's people on the jury. Until we can get a panel of jurors to aquit everybody for tax evasion, I guess we have to pay taxes or roll the dice and hope for a good jury.
    No dude. Even if you could possibly find a jury that would find you not guilty at all levels of appeal, this would go to the Supreme Court and they would decide that you are required to pay taxes. Period
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

[QUOTE=murral stark;1038440]I usually send my bills to the address listed at the top of the bill. There's usually something on there that tells you where to mail it to. There's been a misconception played on the american people for a long time. It has been said that "there are 2 things that you have to do in life. Pay taxes and die." That is false, because the only thing you have to do is die. If you don't want to pay taxes, don't. Now you folks will say, " Yea, then the government puts you in jail for tax evasion."
    WRONG ANSWER! The "government" doesn't put you in jail for not paying taxes. You are put in jail by a jury of your peers. If everybody that gets called for jury duty would find the defendants charged with tax evasion not guilty, the problem is solved. So when a person gets convicted of tax evasion, it's not the government, rather it's people on the jury. Until we can get a panel of jurors to aquit everybody for tax evasion, I guess we have to pay taxes or roll the dice and hope for a good jury.[/QUOT
    HUH? What? Who's gonna pay my bills? Remember we are all in this together, Right?
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Banned

[QUOTE=Larry Thompson1;1038448]
    WRONG ANSWER! The "government" doesn't put you in jail for not paying taxes. You are put in jail by a jury of your peers. If everybody that gets called for jury duty would find the defendants charged with tax evasion not guilty, the problem is solved. So when a person gets convicted of tax evasion, it's not the government, rather it's people on the jury. Until we can get a panel of jurors to aquit everybody for tax evasion, I guess we have to pay taxes or roll the dice and hope for a good jury.[/QUOT
    HUH? What? Who's gonna pay my bills? Remember we are all in this together, Right?
    Just protect you and your family, and your dogs of course, and don't sweat the rest of it. Control what you can control and don't worry about the rest. You have no control over it anyway, Right?

[QUOTE=murral stark;1038458]
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post

Just protect you and your family, and your dogs of course, and don't sweat the rest of it. Control what you can control and don't worry about the rest. You have no control over it anyway, Right?
    Please see my post in the "won't this be fun" thread.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Banned

[QUOTE=Brad Turner;1038461]

Please see my post in the "won't this be fun" thread.
    I just responded to your post over there.