The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: "The devil is in the details"...

  1. #21
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Touché.

    While I appreciate the lesson in our legal system, my point was that one would never be allowed to neglect their requirement to pay taxes. I'm pretty sure there is precedent for that... ask Willie.
    Post what you want in whatever style you want.
    Don't listen to the old crab.
    Last edited by road kill; 11-30-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #22
    Senior Member Brad Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Post what you want in whatever style you want.
    Don't listen to the old crab.
    I'm going to. I want to be The Baron!
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

    "Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

  3. #23
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I think Viceroy of Vegas has a nice tone to it...
    Ha! Bon you would have to post a pic of yourself wearing a fedora and a houndstooth jacket if you had that handle
    Bill Davis

  4. #24
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Ha! Bon you would have to post a pic of yourself wearing a fedora and a houndstooth jacket if you had that handle
    our former mayor has a deal with Beefeater Gin and has dressed up like the guy on their bottle....if I dressed up in a fedora and houndstooth coat I would probably be arrested by the Vice squad for pandering..

    One of my favorite characters from FT's of yesteryear was Mr David Crow, he was a wealthy man from Louisiana who had multiple FC AFC and also won the National with NFC AFC Happy Playboys Pearl...he would dress in either a tweed or houndstooth jacket, sometimes including a shirt and tie and wear hats ala Tom Landry..heck of a generous gentleman to me and my brother..his idea of slumming would be to wear a turtleneck under a sportcoat with leather sleeve patches
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #25
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Hey "dude" welcome to POTUS
    Id say youre gonna fit right in here. Your post is short, bold and decisive

    Your first sentence is 2 words & quite bold "No dude" then you close with an even shorter & BOLDER 1 one word sentenc "Period"

    We all appreciate short bold statements that give the impression that they are dispositive on the subject and that nothing else can be or need be said.

    The problem as I see it with your post is that everything you said between your opening & closing sentences is as wrong as can be.

    You state "Even if you could possibly find a jury that would find you not guilty at all levels of appeal, this would go to the Supreme Court...."
    That is wrong on a number of levels.
    First appeals are handled by judges NOT jurys. So if the first jury finds you guilty you can ask for an appeal; but not to a jury. You can in fact ask for an appeal all the way up to the US supreme court if your conviction is upheld on all of your appeals. None of your appeals will be to a jury. However, and most importantly if the jury finds you Not guilty, then you dont have to worry about any subsequent judges {or Jurys} at the appellate level upholding that not guilty verdict, because the case is OVER. There can be no appeals. Period

    Remember that Constitution thing that our recent leaders have tried to ignore? It still kinda applys. Period

    Welcome to POTUS. I like your style. Dont feel embarressed by your error. It happens to most if not all if they are honest.
    Additionally there is a large faction here in this echo chamber that will actually embrace you for your ability to be so blatantly wrong

    Frequently someone will make a post alleging that something egregious has happened whereby our Pres is disresspecting our soldiers at military funerals or signing secret treatys in the UN to confiscate our guns or whatever. The echo chamber , claiming to be Patriots, will resound with angst and outrage at this slight and bemoan what is happening to our once great nation. Eventually someone will post up that the OP is false with links proving so.
    That is when the outrage usually gets turned up here in the echo chamber. Strangely the outrage will be directed at the poster & or their source who actually revealed the truth.
    A rational person would be correct in doubting this. If you find it hard to believe, then take some time and amuse yourself by checking the post history of the originator of this thread{or of the other most prolific POTUS poster named Bill}

    It would seem to me that many of the alleged "Patriots" in the echo chamber are not really interested in the truth and whats best for the USA as they are in whats best for their party. What is being claimed as Patriotism is actually Partisanship and seems to be increasing IMHO, That to me doesn't bode well for the future of our Republic
    How gauche.
    Stan b & Elvis

  6. #26
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,172

    Default

    I think the only echoes may be in her head...
    Bill Davis

  7. #27
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Hey "dude" welcome to POTUS
    Id say youre gonna fit right in here. Your post is short, bold and decisive

    Your first sentence is 2 words & quite bold "No dude" then you close with an even shorter & BOLDER 1 one word sentenc "Period"

    We all appreciate short bold statements that give the impression that they are dispositive on the subject and that nothing else can be or need be said.

    The problem as I see it with your post is that everything you said between your opening & closing sentences is as wrong as can be.

    You state "Even if you could possibly find a jury that would find you not guilty at all levels of appeal, this would go to the Supreme Court...."
    That is wrong on a number of levels.
    First appeals are handled by judges NOT jurys. So if the first jury finds you guilty you can ask for an appeal; but not to a jury. You can in fact ask for an appeal all the way up to the US supreme court if your conviction is upheld on all of your appeals. None of your appeals will be to a jury. However, and most importantly if the jury finds you Not guilty, then you dont have to worry about any subsequent judges {or Jurys} at the appellate level upholding that not guilty verdict, because the case is OVER. There can be no appeals. Period

    Remember that Constitution thing that our recent leaders have tried to ignore? It still kinda applys. Period

    Welcome to POTUS. I like your style. Dont feel embarressed by your error. It happens to most if not all if they are honest.
    Additionally there is a large faction here in this echo chamber that will actually embrace you for your ability to be so blatantly wrong

    Frequently someone will make a post alleging that something egregious has happened whereby our Pres is disresspecting our soldiers at military funerals or signing secret treatys in the UN to confiscate our guns or whatever. The echo chamber , claiming to be Patriots, will resound with angst and outrage at this slight and bemoan what is happening to our once great nation. Eventually someone will post up that the OP is false with links proving so.
    That is when the outrage usually gets turned up here in the echo chamber. Strangely the outrage will be directed at the poster & or their source who actually revealed the truth.
    A rational person would be correct in doubting this. If you find it hard to believe, then take some time and amuse yourself by checking the post history of the originator of this thread{or of the other most prolific POTUS poster named Bill}

    It would seem to me that many of the alleged "Patriots" in the echo chamber are not really interested in the truth and whats best for the USA as they are in whats best for their party. What is being claimed as Patriotism is actually Partisanship and seems to be increasing IMHO, That to me doesn't bode well for the future of our Republic
    So true!

    Yes Doc, the echo chamber is out in full regalia sounding off as you stated.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,499

    Default

    I hate to bring this thread back on topic but ….

    UB, The latest reports from Minnesota indicate that health care spending accounts for nearly 14 percent of the state's economy at $37.7 billion. The 2011 data also indicate that health care costs slowed to the smallest increase since 1997.

    Even at your reported higher costs, the cost of the exchange will be 0.01432 percent (14/1000th of one percent) of annual health care spending in the state. The exchanges are a great idea to provide consumers with access to a variety of private insurance programs in a competitive marketplace. If the private marketplace competition works, it would sure seem that this tiny fraction of annual health care costs could be easily recovered. In addition, I wonder how much savings will be recovered by small and large businesses who now spend quite a few dollars on their own negotiating and administrating insurance enrollment for employees.

    I for one am glad my state took the initiative to develop our own exchange rather than depend on the federal government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •