The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: "The devil is in the details"...

  1. #11
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I usually send my bills to the address listed at the top of the bill. There's usually something on there that tells you where to mail it to. There's been a misconception played on the american people for a long time. It has been said that "there are 2 things that you have to do in life. Pay taxes and die." That is false, because the only thing you have to do is die. If you don't want to pay taxes, don't. Now you folks will say, " Yea, then the government puts you in jail for tax evasion."
    WRONG ANSWER! The "government" doesn't put you in jail for not paying taxes. You are put in jail by a jury of your peers. If everybody that gets called for jury duty would find the defendants charged with tax evasion not guilty, the problem is solved. So when a person gets convicted of tax evasion, it's not the government, rather it's people on the jury. Until we can get a panel of jurors to aquit everybody for tax evasion, I guess we have to pay taxes or roll the dice and hope for a good jury.
    I found Cliff Clavin over here.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    No dude. Even if you could possibly find a jury that would find you not guilty at all levels of appeal, this would go to the Supreme Court and they would decide that you are required to pay taxes. Period
    Hey "dude" welcome to POTUS
    Id say youre gonna fit right in here. Your post is short, bold and decisive

    Your first sentence is 2 words & quite bold "No dude" then you close with an even shorter & BOLDER 1 one word sentenc "Period"

    We all appreciate short bold statements that give the impression that they are dispositive on the subject and that nothing else can be or need be said.

    The problem as I see it with your post is that everything you said between your opening & closing sentences is as wrong as can be.

    You state "Even if you could possibly find a jury that would find you not guilty at all levels of appeal, this would go to the Supreme Court...."
    That is wrong on a number of levels.
    First appeals are handled by judges NOT jurys. So if the first jury finds you guilty you can ask for an appeal; but not to a jury. You can in fact ask for an appeal all the way up to the US supreme court if your conviction is upheld on all of your appeals. None of your appeals will be to a jury. However, and most importantly if the jury finds you Not guilty, then you dont have to worry about any subsequent judges {or Jurys} at the appellate level upholding that not guilty verdict, because the case is OVER. There can be no appeals. Period

    Remember that Constitution thing that our recent leaders have tried to ignore? It still kinda applys. Period

    Welcome to POTUS. I like your style. Dont feel embarressed by your error. It happens to most if not all if they are honest.
    Additionally there is a large faction here in this echo chamber that will actually embrace you for your ability to be so blatantly wrong

    Frequently someone will make a post alleging that something egregious has happened whereby our Pres is disresspecting our soldiers at military funerals or signing secret treatys in the UN to confiscate our guns or whatever. The echo chamber , claiming to be Patriots, will resound with angst and outrage at this slight and bemoan what is happening to our once great nation. Eventually someone will post up that the OP is false with links proving so.
    That is when the outrage usually gets turned up here in the echo chamber. Strangely the outrage will be directed at the poster & or their source who actually revealed the truth.
    A rational person would be correct in doubting this. If you find it hard to believe, then take some time and amuse yourself by checking the post history of the originator of this thread{or of the other most prolific POTUS poster named Bill}

    It would seem to me that many of the alleged "Patriots" in the echo chamber are not really interested in the truth and whats best for the USA as they are in whats best for their party. What is being claimed as Patriotism is actually Partisanship and seems to be increasing IMHO, That to me doesn't bode well for the future of our Republic

  3. #13
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    That vet types too fast for me. The term all are looking for is double jeopardy, and whereas that is the fun part of the show, it's not allowed under our constitution.

    Don't really agree with most of the rest of his post, but he got that part on the money.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  4. #14
    Senior Member LokiMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I usually send my bills to the address listed at the top of the bill. There's usually something on there that tells you where to mail it to. There's been a misconception played on the american people for a long time. It has been said that "there are 2 things that you have to do in life. Pay taxes and die." That is false, because the only thing you have to do is die. If you don't want to pay taxes, don't. Now you folks will say, " Yea, then the government puts you in jail for tax evasion."
    WRONG ANSWER! The "government" doesn't put you in jail for not paying taxes. You are put in jail by a jury of your peers. If everybody that gets called for jury duty would find the defendants charged with tax evasion not guilty, the problem is solved. So when a person gets convicted of tax evasion, it's not the government, rather it's people on the jury. Until we can get a panel of jurors to aquit everybody for tax evasion, I guess we have to pay taxes or roll the dice and hope for a good jury.
    No wonder Wisconsin is in such dire straits with people like you Murral.
    Kevin Entwistle

    WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010


    "That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    No wonder Wisconsin is in such dire straits with people like you Murral.

    Wisconsin is in dire straits? Huh......?????
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    We all appreciate short bold statements that give the impression that they are dispositive on the subject and that nothing else can be or need be said.

    Welcome to POTUS. I like your style. Dont feel embarressed by your error. It happens to most if not all if they are honest.
    Additionally there is a large faction here in this echo chamber that will actually embrace you for your ability to be so blatantly wrong

    A rational person would be correct in doubting this. If you find it hard to believe, then take some time and amuse yourself by checking the post history of the originator of this thread{or of the other most prolific POTUS poster named Bill}
    Methinks you are guilty of selective comprehension .

    BTW, I asked you some questions on the Veterans thread, but no answer. But that is something I have learned to expect from those so quick to point to other's perceived failings .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #17
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    That vet types too fast for me. The term all are looking for is double jeopardy, and whereas that is the fun part of the show, it's not allowed under our constitution.

    Don't really agree with most of the rest of his post, but he got that part on the money.
    The vet is a "she"
    Bill Davis

  8. #18
    Senior Member Brad Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Hey "dude" welcome to POTUS
    Id say youre gonna fit right in here. Your post is short, bold and decisive

    Your first sentence is 2 words & quite bold "No dude" then you close with an even shorter & BOLDER 1 one word sentenc "Period"

    We all appreciate short bold statements that give the impression that they are dispositive on the subject and that nothing else can be or need be said.

    The problem as I see it with your post is that everything you said between your opening & closing sentences is as wrong as can be.

    You state "Even if you could possibly find a jury that would find you not guilty at all levels of appeal, this would go to the Supreme Court...."
    That is wrong on a number of levels.
    First appeals are handled by judges NOT jurys. So if the first jury finds you guilty you can ask for an appeal; but not to a jury. You can in fact ask for an appeal all the way up to the US supreme court if your conviction is upheld on all of your appeals. None of your appeals will be to a jury. However, and most importantly if the jury finds you Not guilty, then you dont have to worry about any subsequent judges {or Jurys} at the appellate level upholding that not guilty verdict, because the case is OVER. There can be no appeals. Period

    Remember that Constitution thing that our recent leaders have tried to ignore? It still kinda applys. Period

    Welcome to POTUS. I like your style. Dont feel embarressed by your error. It happens to most if not all if they are honest.
    Additionally there is a large faction here in this echo chamber that will actually embrace you for your ability to be so blatantly wrong

    Frequently someone will make a post alleging that something egregious has happened whereby our Pres is disresspecting our soldiers at military funerals or signing secret treatys in the UN to confiscate our guns or whatever. The echo chamber , claiming to be Patriots, will resound with angst and outrage at this slight and bemoan what is happening to our once great nation. Eventually someone will post up that the OP is false with links proving so.
    That is when the outrage usually gets turned up here in the echo chamber. Strangely the outrage will be directed at the poster & or their source who actually revealed the truth.
    A rational person would be correct in doubting this. If you find it hard to believe, then take some time and amuse yourself by checking the post history of the originator of this thread{or of the other most prolific POTUS poster named Bill}

    It would seem to me that many of the alleged "Patriots" in the echo chamber are not really interested in the truth and whats best for the USA as they are in whats best for their party. What is being claimed as Patriotism is actually Partisanship and seems to be increasing IMHO, That to me doesn't bode well for the future of our Republic
    Touché.

    While I appreciate the lesson in our legal system, my point was that one would never be allowed to neglect their requirement to pay taxes. I'm pretty sure there is precedent for that... ask Willie.
    Last edited by Brad Turner; 11-30-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

    "Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

  9. #19
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Touché.

    While I appreciate the lesson in our legal system, my point was that one would never be allowed to neglect their requirement to pay taxes. I pretty sure there is precedent for that... ask Willie.
    Hi Brad, don't let the good doctor ruffle your feathers... Most of her posts are like that and if you keep it up she may even bestow a new title upon you... She knighted Stan as the Wizard of Wisconsin... maybe you will be the Baron of Blountville??
    Bill Davis

  10. #20
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hi Brad, don't let the good doctor ruffle your feathers... Most of her posts are like that and if you keep it up she may even bestow a new title upon you... She knighted Stan as the Wizard of Wisconsin... maybe you will be the Baron of Blountville??
    I think Viceroy of Vegas has a nice tone to it...
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •