The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Try...

Default Try...

To grasp the reality here folks. The Rebublican, conservative, Tea party brand has been handed their walking papers in the last election. You're done. If the conservative brand ever raises it's head again, it's probably not in this generation. Elections do indeed have consequences. The consequence here is that you have lost. Try not to be to bitter. Time and tides will turn to you again. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

OH BOY!!! This could get interesting. Where's the popcorn? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    To grasp the reality here folks. The Rebublican, conservative, Tea party brand has been handed their walking papers in the last election. You're done. If the conservative brand ever raises it's head again, it's probably not in this generation. Elections do indeed have consequences. The consequence here is that you have lost. Try not to be to bitter. Time and tides will turn to you again. JD
    After four more years of this crap, I believe conservatives will be stronger than ever. A lot of things have sucked since Y2K but take a man's Twinkies and your going to have one pissed off electorate. Even those 47 percenters want their Twinkies. Do you have any idea how many Twinkies you can buy on a months worth of food stamps?

Are Moon Pies next??
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    After four more years of this crap, I believe conservatives will be stronger than ever. A lot of things have sucked since Y2K but take a man's Twinkies and your going to have one pissed off electorate. Even those 47 percenters want their Twinkies. Do you have any idea how many Twinkies you can buy on a months worth of food stamps?

Are Moon Pies next??
    My dog and I thank you Little Debbie, my pockets and my pack go to the blind full. I do need a new thermos however, the cost of a new cap on line is almost as much....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

JD, this seems a bit schizophrenic to me. First you say that the republicans and the conservative movement are done, then you say that "time and tides will turn to them again". This election was a squeaker. My opinion is that there is very little mandate here. Since the house is still controlled by the republicans, the dems better learn to compromise, and the increase in Rep. governors might indicate that there is still a strong Rep base out there. Almost any perturbation in the economy, foreign affairs, or even the weather could change the body politic. Now, I am not really part of the group that is perceived as the rep base (although I am anti-democrat enough to be a pretty reliable rep). I am pro-choice and pro-environment but anti big government and the last drives my voting most of the time. The religious right has made it more difficult for me to vote Republican lately and in fact in 08 I just couldn't stomach Palin so voted libertarian (although if Texas had been in contention I probably would have held my nose and voted rep).

I feel compelled to add this: You just initiated a thread bemoaning (I think) the lack of civility on the forum and yet this particular topic seems specifically designed to produce rancorous responses. Although civil in on the surface, it appears a bit taunting to me. I can certainly maintain a civil discourse, but surely you were well aware of the reaction this is likely to provoke in some of the regulars here. You should act neither appalled nor offended when the nastyness begins.
    Last edited by HPL; 11-29-2012 at 05:51 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

This election was a squeaker.
    really????
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    really????
    Yes, really. Seems to me that the popular vote worked out to something like 51 or 52% to 49 or 48%. That's hardly an overwhelming endorsement for the democrats of a total rejection of the republicans.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Maybe in the land of liberals where you live but certainly not here in NC. We increased the number of republicans we sent to the House of Representives tossing more Dums to the street.
    For the first time in over 150 years we have a fully republican state, the governor, the house, and the senate.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Maybe in the land of liberals where you live but certainly not here in NC. We increased the number of republicans we sent to the House of Representives tossing more Dums to the street.
    For the first time in over 150 years we have a fully republican state, the governor, the house, and the senate.
    Unfortunate. Ask anyone in Kansas. Get ready for slashed services and raised taxes.

Unfortunate. Ask anyone in Kansas. Get ready for slashed services and raised taxes.
    The dems were raising taxes every year for many many years. As for slashed services I hope the republicans start slashing like crazy, but likely they will be wimps. Bring on the cuts!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI