The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us.

Default And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us.

So POTUS…..
    Sadly I am a racing mind type of person. Here it is one fifteen a.m. my time and I am a postin’ in the POTUS. I do not fall asleep easily. I beat myself up over the day just had and make mental lists for the morrow. Over the years I have learned to try stuff to quiet my mind. I was using one of these techniques when the answer to all the problems of the modern world came to me, just now. In one swell foop.

It is the title of the thread. “And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us”. Why do some Muslims take up arms against those such as Salman Rushdie, yet Christians do not take up arms against Monty Python? “And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us”. Why do we allow faith to be driven out of our schools and town halls and made to take a back seat across the lawn? “And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us.” Why do we allow government to mandate what religious institutions need to provide workers, regardless of whether or not they are compatible with the religion itself? “And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us.” Why is it when evil strikes us on the face, we turn our other cheek so it also may be struck? “And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us.” Why is it when they hack away and take and take and take our guns and our religions and moral values that our Grandparents hammered into us in the woodshed if necessary, that we cling to with our core of beliefs, we let them? “And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us”.

Over on the face book I (along with 3-5 million other folks) have the Dalai Lama as a face book friend. Just today he posted about forgiveness and compassion to our fellow man is the way to a calm and healthy lifestyle. “And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us.” I bet he and Jesus would have a fine time together.

Our Father who art in Heaven,
    Hallowed be thy name;
    Thy Kingdom come
    Thy will be done.
    On Earth as it is in Heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread;
    And forgive us our trespasses
    As we forgive those who trespass against us;
    And lead us not into temptation,
    But deliver us from evil
    For thine is the kingdom,
    The power and the glory,
    For ever and ever.
    Amen.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

Need that LIKE button here!

nice post!!!!!

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

Are you reflecting on you personal feelings?
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Great post!!

The world has changed. I too grew up with these values and I try to apply them to my life here in the city. Evil has always been present but when I lived on the farm and had limited access to the media, I had a different opinion of the world and it was mainly good. Now I hear and see so much, I'm numb to other hardships.

The evils keep evolving to...more dangerous drugs, more dangerous guns, technology that allows for bad doings.

As much as I would like to go back in time, I can't and we have to accept it and help change so that folks are not hurt by it.

See the real truth is back when we thought the world was so good it really was not. The black man you saw in town was not equal to a white man; a woman's work was in the house and if she worked for someone she did not deserve the money a man did; catholic were going to hell; children were being molested by your neighbor but nothing ever got said; etc.

So forgive us for being naive

Great insight Mr. Bora.

Read this somewhere and it also struck me as entirely accurate:

"Christianity is the only religion benevolent enough to preside over its own demise."

Jack Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Jcoop View Post
    Great insight Mr. Bora.

Read this somewhere and it also struck me as entirely accurate:

"Christianity is the only religion benevolent enough to preside over its own demise."

Jack Cooper
    Jack welcome to PP. A member for six years, yet now you choose to post. Curious, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Jack welcome to PP. A member for six years, yet now you choose to post. Curious, JD
    I think it's totaly cool. Even signed his name. Welcome to the RTF potus sandbox Jack. a great quote as well. thank you for adding.
    you know JD, you and I post to each other a dozen times a day and I do not know your name. Is Dogger your last name?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    "So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."
    Where is Carl Spackler when you need him?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth