The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I think it's totaly cool. Even signed his name. Welcome to the RTF potus sandbox Jack. a great quote as well. thank you for adding.
    you know JD, you and I post to each other a dozen times a day and I do not know your name. Is Dogger your last name?
    I don't know about the dozens other then playing them. My name is Hugh Simpson
    I live south of Albuquerque about 20 miles in the Middle Rio Grande Valley
    in a small village called Los Lunas.
    My personna 'JDogger' pays respect to my old friend John Wade who got me involved with this more then twenty years ago. I don't post my dogs in my sig line. They are mine. No one else's.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Well Hello Hugh
    I never knew
    you must train with Carol
    and her Too Tall Crew.
    the next time you have
    a virulent spew
    I can cry out
    Dag Nabbit Hugh!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    Are you reflecting on you personal feelings?

I'm in a transitional period

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Well Hello Hugh
    I never knew
    you must train with Carol
    and her Too Tall Crew.
    the next time you have
    a virulent spew
    I can cry out
    Dag Nabbit Hugh!
    He's a poet, he's a picker
    He's a prophet, he's a pusher
    He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned
    He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,
    Takin' ev'ry wrong direction on his lonely way back home.
    There's a lotta wrong directions on that lonely way back home

Thanks Kris....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    He's a poet, he's a picker
    He's a prophet, he's a pusher
    He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned
    He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,
    Takin' ev'ry wrong direction on his lonely way back home.
    There's a lotta wrong directions on that lonely way back home

Thanks Kris....JD
    "The Silver Tongued Devil"

I have the album which was also used as the soundtrack for a movie called "Cisco Pike."
    It co-starred Gene Hackman and a number over other hollywood hopefuls of the day.
    Wavy Gravy, Joy Bang, Karen Black, Antonio Fargas, Harry Dean Stanton, a guy named Franco et al
    http://www.moviefone.com/movie/cisco-pike/22627/credits

Just sayin'............
    Last edited by road kill; 11-30-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    The world has changed. I too grew up with these values and I try to apply them to my life here in the city. Evil has always been present but when I lived on the farm and had limited access to the media, I had a different opinion of the world and it was mainly good. Now I hear and see so much, I'm numb to other hardships.

The evils keep evolving to...more dangerous drugs, more dangerous guns, technology that allows for bad doings.

As much as I would like to go back in time, I can't and we have to accept it and help change so that folks are not hurt by it.

See the real truth is back when we thought the world was so good it really was not. The black man you saw in town was not equal to a white man; a woman's work was in the house and if she worked for someone she did not deserve the money a man did; catholic were going to hell; children were being molested by your neighbor but nothing ever got said; etc.

So forgive us for being naive
    It's not the drugs or the guns or evolving technology that are evil. Blaming the drugs or the guns or the technology rather than the perpetrators of evil is evil in itself. One man's opinion.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    It's not the drugs or the guns or evolving technology that are evil. Blaming the drugs or the guns or the technology rather than the perpetrators of evil is evil in itself. One man's opinion.
    That was not my point...albeit these things are worse than back then....they existed then too just as bad but we did not have access to it.