The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bill Hillmann *Basics* DVD Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    hey bud you seem very good when it comes to hillmann's material. I'm looking to use his stuff for my pup, I'm new to training and I was going to do the puppy dvd as well as the fundamentals and fetch command dvd. I've read that when you get to day 22 in the puppy dvd to use the fetch dvd in place. in which order would you train the dvds? thanks

Cant seem to send an email from their sight to place an order.Anyone else having that trouble? It keeps saying they have reached the limit or emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas2256 View Post
    hey bud you seem very good when it comes to hillmann's material. I'm looking to use his stuff for my pup, I'm new to training and I was going to do the puppy dvd as well as the fundamentals and fetch command dvd. I've read that when you get to day 22 in the puppy dvd to use the fetch dvd in place. in which order would you train the dvds? thanks
    I suggest contacting T.Pines on this site. Bill has told me in an e-mail that T.Pines has a fantastic understanding of the Hillmann philosophy displayed on the DVD's. T.Pines has also given me fantastic advice on using Hillmann DVD's.

Here's T.Pines profile > http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...?32191-T-Pines

With those 3 DVDs, the order is:
    • Puppy DVD - Much has been written here about this DVD. I think this DVD is a must have for anyone wanting to learn Hillmann's approach. It teaches how to get started with a dog of any age. More than just mechanics -- all the crucial information about Hillmann's philosophy and principles (Balance, the Relationship, Attitude, Focus and Fun, etc.)
    • The Fetch Command - After you have have studied the Puppy DVD, begin studying the Fetch DVD. The earlier the better, but you'll want to familiarize yourself with The Fetch Command process well before you are ready to substitute Fetch Command for the Force Fetch method that begins on Day 22 in the Puppy DVD. The reason is that there is a tremendous amount of detail about the prerequisites, or the preliminary steps to "Fetch" that will support and deepen your understanding of the material in the Puppy program that occurs many days prior to Day 22. It really helps to see where you are going with the preliminary and related skills that will make teaching the Fetch Command a smooth, easy and fun process for both you and your pup. Yes, FUN!
    • Fundamentals - After you have completed the Puppy process and the overlapping Fetch Command, you will be ready to proceed directly to the material in the Fundamentals. Part 1, Land is available and Part 2, Water will be released very soon.

If you need more info, I'd be happy to try to help.

Jim

Jim that was very helpful thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Pines View Post
    With those 3 DVDs, the order is:
    • Puppy DVD - Much has been written here about this DVD. I think this DVD is a must have for anyone wanting to learn Hillmann's approach. It teaches how to get started with a dog of any age. More than just mechanics -- all the crucial information about Hillmann's philosophy and principles (Balance, the Relationship, Attitude, Focus and Fun, etc.)
    • The Fetch Command - After you have have studied the Puppy DVD, begin studying the Fetch DVD. The earlier the better, but you'll want to familiarize yourself with The Fetch Command process well before you are ready to substitute Fetch Command for the Force Fetch method that begins on Day 22 in the Puppy DVD. The reason is that there is a tremendous amount of detail about the prerequisites, or the preliminary steps to "Fetch" that will support and deepen your understanding of the material in the Puppy program that occurs many days prior to Day 22. It really helps to see where you are going with the preliminary and related skills that will make teaching the Fetch Command a smooth, easy and fun process for both you and your pup. Yes, FUN!
    • Fundamentals - After you have completed the Puppy process and the overlapping Fetch Command, you will be ready to proceed directly to the material in the Fundamentals. Part 1, Land is available and Part 2, Water will be released very soon.

If you need more info, I'd be happy to try to help.

Jim
    thanks for the detailed response! Exactly what I needed. One thing though, I'm gonna order these and study both fetch and puppy so I can understand everything as good as possible. But when I get to day 22 do I do the fetch command DVD in place and once finished continue with the remaining 6 puppy sessions?

thanks for the detailed response! Exactly what I needed. One thing though, I'm gonna order these and study both fetch and puppy so I can understand everything as good as possible. But when I get to day 22 do I do the fetch command DVD in place and once finished continue with the remaining 6 puppy sessions?
    I think it will all be clear to you when you see the DVDs.

The dynamic or style of every training session is the same on each. The progression from the Puppy course of material to the Fetch Command phase of training is seamless, especially if you familiarize yourself in advance with the preliminary elements, which are common to both DVDs, and clearly explained in greater detail in The Fetch Command.

So ... you will find that every step of advancement is a gradual progression, including the steps associated with the Fetch Command. It will be very straight-forward to substitute ALL of the Force Fetch methodology in the Puppy DVD with the Fetch Command. All other skills and concepts presented on Day 22 and later in the Puppy DVD will flow smoothly and clearly into the progression.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by T-Pines View Post
    I think it will all be clear to you when you see the DVDs.

The dynamic or style of every training session is the same on each. The progression from the Puppy course of material to the Fetch Command phase of training is seamless, especially if you familiarize yourself in advance with the preliminary elements, which are common to both DVDs, and clearly explained in greater detail in The Fetch Command.

So ... you will find that every step of advancement is a gradual progression, including the steps associated with the Fetch Command. It will be very straight-forward to substitute ALL of the Force Fetch methodology in the Puppy DVD with the Fetch Command. All other skills and concepts presented on Day 22 and later in the Puppy DVD will flow smoothly and clearly into the progression.

Jim
    alright thanks again