The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GDG: Any race fans in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown49 aka Otey B View Post
    I live 5 minutes from Kentucky Speedway. It is fun to be around on race weekends as 'us folks' who live around here are plagued by traffic all weekend. They have really improved it in the last couple of years. There is also a road race course on the other end of town that the developer ran out of money to finish. Beautiful track that will never see a race as the property is in foreclosure now i think.....DIRT is the most fun to watch............
    We race down at florence speedway on saturday nights. Are you talking about the "country club" racing place they started building 5 years ago or so? I guess they never finished. That place was beautiful but expensive.

I remember watching the dirt races at bristol and that would be awesome to see again

Glad to see there are race fans here.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Yeah that is the Country club racetrack....LOL
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown49 aka Otey B View Post
    Yeah that is the Country club racetrack....LOL
    The track was done wasnt it? That is a shame.

Hopefully someone will buy it.

Cant wait for the eldora race. I have owned sprint cars for 20yrs. I have had some great drivers drive for us. Tim Keading,Jac Haudendschild,Kenny Jacobs,Dean Jacobs,Lee Jacobs,Jeremey Campbell. Also raced at the bristol race as a mechanic, not our car. Racing has been apart of our family for 40yrs.All Dirt.
    HRCH Jordyn's Mia I'm gonna go get it.
    HR General Colby Back in Black.

Dogs and Dirt go well together!! I had alot of fun when we put that dirt on Bristol. My good friend the late Jeff Byrd had me go buy 5 old junker car and we put dirt wheels and tires on them for run in cars. Me and my old motor grader operator would turn the lights on in the infield and race each other i had a big LTD and he had a black crown vic we had a ball and would learn where we needed to work on the track from driving on it. About as much legal fun as you could have and get paid for it! We have a good dirt track about 50 mins from home at Bulls Gap that is where Scott Bloomquist learned to drive as well as many others.
    Chad
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Dont get me started on scott bloomquist haha. Great driver maybe the best but thats the only good thing I can say about him.

i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x100
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

You wouldn't be referring to Bloomer's cockiness/ego would you?? I wish that they would start a series for the cup drivers on the dirt. Question is what would they be driving, sprint, late model, outlaw mod, or big block mod?